Menu

Forums - General Chat

All-new Ninehertz culinary thread

•  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Couldn't be bothered to find the various old food threads and I'm feeling reet culinary today.

Today I have made chocolate pistachio fudge and potato and halloumi bake, both courtesy of Nigella.

Yum.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • That bake is dead nice, made that before

I made canneloni today, all from scratch, even the pasta
    • Hopkins says:

That bake is dead nice, made that before

This is my second attempt - the first time I couldn't get halloumi and she suggested feta as a subsititute. Fucking horrible, tasted like feet. Halloumi's MUCH nicer.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Feta rules
      I love making potato, courgette, feta and mint rostis
    • Halloumi recipes welcome. I'm fast becoming a devotee.
    •  CareyCarey
    • halloumi halloumi halloumi. i'm gonna learn how to cook it myself this year.

i'm a good cook when i can be bothered. my recipe for peanut butter cookies is still being passed around in some circles.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Bernard Mathews Dinosaurs FTW!
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Carey says:

halloumi halloumi halloumi.

What Carey said.

On Saturday when I was hung over I made myself roasted veg and cous cous with halloumi. It. Was. Best.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • halloumi is awesome. Sheer greatness
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • halloumi is well versatile. i once griddled it in the same pan as some chorizo by accident and it went all red and spicy. yum.

aaaaannnnyyyyway.

this is my favourite halloumi recipe.

you need

bun
      rocket
      halloumi
      sweet potato
      chillies
      coriander
      onions
      olive oil
      salt pepper
      worcester sauce
      griddle pan
      sauce pan
      water

i) cut halloumi and sweet potato into slices about .5 cm thick
      ii) part boil potato for about 10 mins on rolling boil or until it goes a bit soft
      iii) mix up some salsa by finely chopping the chillies, coriander and onions bunging in a bit of lea and perrins and a dash of olive oil. season with salt and pepper. bang it in a blender if you want but i like it quite coarse.
      iv) griddle halloumi and potato slices til those totally sweet line appear. put everything into a bun with some rocket and you're away.
    • I just like saying the word halloumi. This is making me hungry. Sausages with halloumi and peppers for tea tonight perhaps.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I just ate an ice pop. It was scrumptious.
    • get the closest sausages you can to mergueze (chilli and coriander) and that will be insanely tasty.

i am having gold plated rock for tea tonight.
    •  OllieOllie
    • bad admiral says:

get the closest sausages you can to mergueze (chilli and coriander) and that will be insanely tasty.

Merguez are seriously nice...like a cross between a chipolata and chorizo, great on a barbeque
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Ollie says:

bad admiral says:

get the closest sausages you can to mergueze (chilli and coriander) and that will be insanely tasty.

Merguez are seriously nice...like a cross between a chipolata and chorizo, great on a barbeque

Check out my local butcher's list
      He's a UKTV food hero too

www.bbqunique.co.uk/SausagesList.pdf

• Hopkins says:

Ollie says:

bad admiral says:

Check out my local butcher's list
      He's a UKTV food hero too

www.bbqunique.co.uk/SausagesList.pdf

your local butcher is a hero and i miss my garden/bbq more and more with each passing sunny day.
    •  CareyCarey
    • pete and me just had the fattest tea ever - pie, mash and peas followed by cookies, jelly beans, a bit of cheese and some incredibly sickly mango rum liquer and also wine alcopops.
    • I made falafels today! :D:D

Went a bit wrong - I reckon the bare minimum of oil is the way forward, not deep fry them so they go soggy and fall apart like my recipe said.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Rob Himself says:

I made falafels today! :D:D

Went a bit wrong - I reckon the bare minimum of oil is the way forward, not deep fry them so they go soggy and fall apart like my recipe said.

Mine disengrated too

Now I just shape them, dust in flour/breadcrumbs, chill in fridge and shallow fry them
    •  mikemike
    • I'm living off bread, chicken, pasta, tomatos and salad at the moment.

Drinking water and eating fruit too, trying to be a bit more healthy, gona start swimming again now heeley baths are open again!

Forums - General Chat - All-new Ninehertz culinary thread