Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Today Is The Day - 19th May - Sheffield

•  slomoslomo
    • Looks like one of the loudest bands on earth have returned to wreck more of your hearing!

[b]TODAY IS THE DAY
      COMPLETE FAILURE
      JUCIFER
      FOUR QUESTION MARKS[/b]

Saw them a few years ago and it was one of the most terrifying things I've seen. Always loved this band. Cannot wait to see them again.

@ Corporation - £10 - early doors (7pm)
    •  PodgePodge
    • do you know i have never listened to them. i shall hunt some down
    •  slomoslomo
    • They will hunt you down if you don't listen to them.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • I have Temple of the Morning Star - pretty gruelling but sporadically great. Hard to get through a whole album though...
    •  mikemike
    • Who is coming to this? Can't wait!
    •  JonBBQJonBBQ
    • J Parker says:

I have Temple of the Morning Star - pretty gruelling but sporadically great. Hard to get through a whole album though...

Definitely...I plan to try and do Sadness Will Prevail in one sitting at some point (this will probably in a very dark time in my life). Over two hours long. Great fun.
    •  mikemike
    • Never listen to it in bed, I did once and nearly shit myself.

Theres one song on the Y disc that has a woman singing in an echoey room, they put her breathing in before every note she sang, so I was getting used to it, very odd singing it is too, then it pauses for ages and they cut out the inward breath and out of nowhere she is singing this note again, I nearly jumped out my skin.

Also that album has one of the best lines ever screamed in a song-

"WHY AM I PISSING BLOOD?!"
    •  PetePete
    • I'm coming, got my ticket on Saturday. I am coming straight from football though so will stink of sweat.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Pete says:

I'm coming, got my ticket on Saturday. I am coming straight from football though so will stink of sweat.

Nothing new there though, Pete.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Temple of the morning star.

Possibly one of the greatest albums ever.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • JonBBQ says:

J Parker says:

I have Temple of the Morning Star - pretty gruelling but sporadically great. Hard to get through a whole album though...

Definitely...I plan to try and do Sadness Will Prevail in one sitting at some point (this will probably in a very dark time in my life). Over two hours long. Great fun.

Not recommended- I got fucked and did this once!!!! By the end I looked like the guy on the cover and I havnt been quite the same ever since!!!
      Amzing band though!!!
    •  mikemike
    • I'm well excited, this may well be the most intense band I'll have seen.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • I remember seeing them at the underworld and Steve Austin was using a tape deck for his samples. With loads of tapes scattered about on the top that he kept sorting through before each song.

Hope he's sorted himself out an mp3 player or something.
    •  PodgePodge
    • balls, this is tonight and i dunno if i can make it.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • am in sheff tonight so may come along.

ager
    •  slomoslomo
    • make it make it make it!!!!!!
    •  mikemike
    • This was a bit insane.

Lots from Sadness Will Prevail, lots from Temple... lots from In The Eyes Of God.

Intense is not the word.

Paltry showing for Sheffield though, suppose they are such a caustic band people might have actually stayed away?

Jucifer and Complete Failure were amazing too, going to track down the Jucifer album now as they blew me away.
    •  PodgePodge
    • mike says:
      Jucifer and Complete Failure were amazing too, going to track down the Jucifer album now as they blew me away.

bastard, it was mainly Jucifer i wanted to see. i have all their stuff if you want burns.
    •  PetePete
    • Quick summary of my opinions...

Complete Failure - okay but a tad boring, songs too long, set too long.
      Jucifer - 1st half blew me away too, really really good, 2nd half just good.
      Today is the Day - very good

Gonna track down the Jucifer album too - wish I had more money on me last night.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Pete says:
      Gonna track down the Jucifer album too - wish I had more money on me last night.

there are a couple of records by them.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Today Is The Day - 19th May - Sheffield