Menu

Forums - General Chat

Rugby World Cup

•  FDFCFDFC
    • Anyone hard over this yet?

I AM.

I have decided I'm going to watch all 48 matches and slowly lose my mind as I do so.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i'mma try and catch as much as possible - looking forwards to bacon sarnies down the pub at the weekends.

england didn't convince me against wales in either of the warm ups but winning at the aviva against ireland put me in all kinds of good moods.

i reckon we (england) will hit the quarters at least if not semis/finals as it's a young team (except simon shaw who is older than time) with masses of promise. just hope moody doesn't get crocked.

exciting times!
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • In honour of not having any responsibilities, I will watch all 48 games.

I think England's performance against Ireland sums them up - inexperienced youth with old fucks whose presence means more than anything they can do on the pitch. Tuilagi is shit in defence, especially when he decides to tackle with his arms. Send him back to return kicks though and he's dangerous. 2015 will be England's world cup for the winning. Especially as the tournament will be in England.

I think Wales are the strongest and fittest they've ever been. SA are looking shaky recently, so the pool is Wales's for the taking. It's not unrealistic for Wales to reach the semis. And that gives ME a semi.

In fact, I paid for a domain name to blog about the World Cup... morerugbythansleep.com
      [Edited by FDFC at 22:29 on 31/08/11]
    • bloody layabout!

good luck with watching all the games...i'd fucking love to do that. your body clock's gonna be knackered though.

well now - i do agree that 2015 will be VINTAGE for england. i am also concerned that we're taking some crocks (moody) and donkeys (easter, mears) with us when those spaces could go to someone else. however, youngs and wilko are a STERLING half back combo
      (that's right - half-back - i like 70s terms) and there's a good combo of experience and RAW LIGHTNING TALENT in the tight 5.

i watched the first england v wales game @ twickers and england played pretty shakily. wales should have been well amongst it but they were a mess. however, crappy southern hemisphere early spring weather and a slippery ball will suit them and on their day, when everything's going right they will be one of the teams to beat. williams' pace is still breathtaking and phillips is one of the best half-backs in the business, as is jones.

this is making me all giddy and excited...i need to print off my fixture list.

loving the website by the way, mate. predictions are pretty much what i'd expect and seem pretty spot on to me.
      [Edited by bad admiral at 09:56 on 01/09/11]
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • I've already got all the games on my calender. We're meant to be recording some Groan demos one weekend. PFFT.

It's also Dan from Groan's birthday the weekend of the final. He thinks I'm going to be at his big birthday party the night before the final. HAHAHAHA.

Maybe one day someone will be foolish enough to give me a real writing job off the back of that blog.
      [Edited by FDFC at 14:05 on 01/09/11]
    • thing is, due to the time difference, you can watch three games and you still have most of the day to play with.

i'm going to be a fucking wreck. guardian have a very nice england squad in pictures feature...didn't realise that andrew sheridan loves his rock n' rollz...literally cannot wait to get home and hear this
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • HAHAHA.

LOOK AT HIS FAT FUCKING HEAD!

I think England fans should sing these songs at matches. They're brilliant.
      [Edited by FDFC at 15:42 on 01/09/11]
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • have been meaning to start this thread for ages! good work Leigh! if you make it through all 48 games I shall salute and bulge my guns in your honour.

Rich - name the pub, I may join you. alterntively, you and the wench are welcome round mine.

England for the semis I think. excited about Tuilagi, but haven't seen im play yet. Youngs is the key for us I think - will make or break our chances as without Danny Care we have no real cover.
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      have been meaning to start this thread for ages! good work Leigh! if you make it through all 48 games I shall salute and bulge my guns in your honour.

Rich - name the pub, I may join you. alterntively, you and the wench are welcome round mine.

England for the semis I think. excited about Tuilagi, but haven't seen im play yet. Youngs is the key for us I think - will make or break our chances as without Danny Care we have no real cover.

fuck, i've given a welshman a reason to find the england team ridiculous.

i'm in spain for some of the matches but we should obvs have an early morning meetup bacon sarnie rugbyfest.

i rate youngs over care anyway and possibly simpson over wrigglesworth. ooooh controversial.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • bad admiral says:

This is too easy!
    • FDFC says:
      bad admiral says:

This is too easy!

there's a lot of fake tan in that welsh team...:P
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • What do you mean?! It's always sunny in Caerphilly(delphia).
    • they look like didicoys.
    • Is Henson in the squad? That they even considered him is a joke.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Thankfully he dislocated his wrist in the second England match and has been dropped from the squad. He'll be used as coverage in case there are any injuries.

This week the Ospreys started talks with him again. Unbelievable.
    • The man is a walking laughing stock. Hate how he just assumes he should walk into any of Wales' top clubs and has a right to a place in the international squad despite not having played at all for about 2 years and making a complete tool out of himself on TV across the nation.

Even Sam Warburton said he didn't deserve his latest chance, which speaks volumes about how the actual squad feel about him!
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • I realised this week that Sam Warburton is younger than me.

Captain of the Welsh rugby team - that's another one of my life's ambitions I can write off.

Anyone fancy doing a fantasy rugby league?

espnscrum.fantasyleague.com
    • I have joined. Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Forums - General Chat - Rugby World Cup