Menu

Forums - General Chat

Back from tour (Stubb)

•  JackJack
    • Our week and a bit of playing with Stone Axe is now over but it was completely great :D We had good times with Groan, Alunah, Meansteed, Low Sonic Drift and many other along the way. Ending at Roadburn was quite a treat, I managed to watch all of White Hills set, bumped into Wino about 3 times including in the toilet and I got to see Stone Axe rock the hell out of Holland. We have a whole load of plans to do more now and things are moving on the album front.

Heres some video from Cologne:

Live at MTC
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • welcome home bucko...
    •  MazzMazz
    • Sounds like you had a BLASSSST
    •  JackJack
    • It was honestly one of the best things ever, I think the date in Cologne was probably the best gig we've ever played, the German ladies were dancing away and it was loud!
    •  alanalan
    • Was good to hang out a bit Jack. Shame I didn't see any of Stone Axe, but Ufomammut were GARGANTUAN.
    •  JackJack
    • alan says:
      Was good to hang out a bit Jack. Shame I didn't see any of Stone Axe, but Ufomammut were GARGANTUAN.

Indeed was very cool to see you, sorry I was a bit spaced out! Serious lack of sleep
    •  MazzMazz
    • Jack says:
      It was honestly one of the best things ever, I think the date in Cologne was probably the best gig we've ever played, the German ladies were dancing away and it was loud!

Do we ALL move to Germany then?
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Really pissed off I couldn't make the Brum date of the tour (severe financial cramp).

Cologne is a fantastic city and Germany in general is totally rocking.
    •  JackJack
    • I even have major doom gossip
    •  alanalan
    • Jack says:
      I even have major doom gossip

Oh yeah? What was Wino up to in those toilets? ;)
    •  JackJack
    • haha, Dale Crover was also in there using the hand dryer
    •  MazzMazz
    • Jack says:

STOP THE TEASE
    •  JackJack
    • Mazz says:
      Jack says:

STOP THE TEASE

I actually can't tell you or I'd have to kill you
    •  MazzMazz
    • Is it about me and Candlemass?
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • You've joined Candlemass AND Solitude Aeturnus.. at the same TIME?!? :x
    •  MazzMazz
    • Tino Insana says:
      You've joined Candlemass AND Solitude Aeturnus.. at the same TIME?!? :x

..and Megadeth
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Mazz says:
      Tino Insana says:
      You've joined Candlemass AND Solitude Aeturnus.. at the same TIME?!? :x

..and Megadeth

Ah well, can't win 'em all.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Congrats Team Stubby Wicked! London gig was koooool, Stone Axe seemed like nice dudes and it was great to see you guys more than hold your own on a big tour, a couple of people I spoke to commented that they saw no change in quality between supports and headliner.

Also congrats to Mazz for being the new Dream Theater drummer.
    •  RamoRamo
    • Cheers for bringin the stubb up north for some rock action, was a great night. White hills stole the show for me on saturday, exactly what i wanted.. why do i keep forgetting how amazing these guys are live? this is maybe 5th or 6th time i've seen them and they're been mind-blowing every time. Diggin' the synth also.
    •  JackJack
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Congrats Team Stubby Wicked! London gig was koooool, Stone Axe seemed like nice dudes and it was great to see you guys more than hold your own on a big tour, a couple of people I spoke to commented that they saw no change in quality between supports and headliner.

Also congrats to Mazz for being the new Dream Theater drummer.

Thanks Pete, fingers crossed those Classic Rock chaps write something up!

Forums - General Chat - Back from tour (Stubb)