Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] spending cash money dolla bills yo

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • 2 tix to LATITUDE bumrape fest.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Pre-ordered Mad Men Series 4! I am EXCITED!
    •  JackJack
    • Will be ordering some Stubb t shirts soon, just awaiting the design to come through. I also need to buy a tuner pedal before we tour
    •  PodgePodge
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Pre-ordered Mad Men Series 4! I am EXCITED!

I read that as He man... I should wake up before I drive to work
    •  MazzMazz
    • Some Walnut stained Oak floorboards.
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • Pearl Piccolo snare drum in brass which I will be picking up and creaming over in about 45 minutes time.

Dunno if anyone is aware but there is a government scheme on at the minute called Take it Away where you can borrow from £100 - £2000 to buy anything related to music equipment or tuition, and pay it back over 10 months with 0% interest. So I'm getting this snare for about £20 a month.
    •  mambamamba
    • bazzathespaz says:

Dunno if anyone is aware but there is a government scheme on at the minute called Take it Away where you can borrow from £100 - £2000 to buy anything related to music equipment or tuition, and pay it back over 10 months with 0% interest. So I'm getting this snare for about £20 a month.

I did the same with my cymbals. When I finish paying that off next month, I might have to go buy some more stuff.
    •  alanalan
    • bazzathespaz says:
      Pearl Piccolo snare drum in brass which I will be picking up and creaming over in about 45 minutes time.

Not replacing your SNARE OF DOOM are you?
    • alan says:
      bazzathespaz says:
      Pearl Piccolo snare drum in brass which I will be picking up and creaming over in about 45 minutes time.

Not replacing your SNARE OF DOOM are you?

Keeping the 14"x10" for something slower, it's not cutting enough for raging fast stuff unfortunately
    •  JackJack
    • bazzathespaz says:

Now that is interesting
    • Jack says:
      bazzathespaz says:

Now that is interesting

Seems like most UK retailers are part of it too. Except GAK I think
      [Edited by bazzathespaz at 13:06 on 22/03/11]
    •  basstardbasstard
    • bazzathespaz says:

Yeah, I heard about it; very tempting. It would still be the best part of £200 a month for a Rickenbacker though... I need to sell more stuff on ebay.
    • basstard says:
      bazzathespaz says:

Yeah, I heard about it; very tempting. It would still be the best part of £200 a month for a Rickenbacker though... I need to sell more stuff on ebay.

Good call. Rickenbacker basses are a thing of beauty. Especially Lemmy's carved one
    •  JackJack
    • tempted but i'd buy maybe a decent acoustic or an amp
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • bazzathespaz says:

i reckon i could do with some of those big green triangular guitar strummers i use.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • bazzathespaz says:
      basstard says:
      bazzathespaz says:

Good call. Rickenbacker basses are a thing of beauty. Especially Lemmy's carved one

Yeah but they are about £12000..ouch!
    •  JackJack
    • can you buy effects
    •  alanalan
    • That's dangerous knowledge Baz, makes me think about buying things I don't really need!!
    •  JackJack
    • I want a new fuzz, an overdrive/boost, and a reverb ideally, might be done
    • alan says:
      That's dangerous knowledge Baz, makes me think about buying things I don't really need!!

Haha yeah why not though? 0% interest

As far as I know you can buy as much stuff through the scheme as you like so long as it totals less than or equal to 2 grand. Dunno if it all has to be through the same place. I shouldn't think so though as the loan is between you and the finance company rather than the retailer.

The snare looks ace by the way, will have a play with it later on to see how it sounds. Got very good reviews though.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] spending cash money dolla bills yo