Menu

Forums - General Chat

Witchsorrow tape pre-orders

•  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • We finally got it finished last night. We scrapped the original recordings and just bashed two songs into my four-track at practice last night. It's heavy.

If you want one, email nickruskell@hotmail.com

NOTE: This is on tape ONLY. No CD burns will be made, so don't ask for one, as being told to fuck off often offends.
    •  bitterandtwistedbitterandtwisted
    • I'm fucking-well offended already: I gave away my cassette deck years ago. Bastardos!
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • I'll get one off you soon I think.

Nick, now you have loads of cassettes, is it possible for you to tape St. Vitus - Die Healing onto one for me? I'll pay you for the tape [comes out at about the price of a pint or something].
    •  PodgePodge
    • can i have it on VHS or is it betamax only?

check ya pms
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • This'll be legendary one day. Like No Life Til Leather, or Necropolypticalomicron.

I'll have to nick a tape player from the old house.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Tim Holehouse says:

Nice keeping it on Tape!

We're pretending we're all kvlt, a large part of it is us not having the equipment or know how to do it on any other format.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I would have one but my tape deck is total shit and makes everything sound like you're listening to it through a matress...in water!!!
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • slack mammoth says:

Tim Holehouse says:

Nice keeping it on Tape!

We're pretending we're all kvlt, a large part of it is us not having the equipment or know how to do it on any other format.

Ha ha! Yeah... Although I'm just about to release my third tape release... I love tapes... tapes are making a real come back... funny really. I've sold more tapes than CD's of late. Although am thinking of the Itunes root for my album... not sure yet... I am man in the stoneage most of the time.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • I thought you were hanging up your guitar?
    •  MazzMazz
    • You have started a "Craze" Looks like I will releasing a tape only bitch of an demo with ex Peace bass player.

"Hey, I'm really jazzed about a new song idea I've come up with.

It's called 'gettin' it down'. I was thinking of a way I could mis spell some of that, like Whitesnake would do.

Anyway, it's about being in the 'studio', and all the really great adventures that go with it (bombin' the pool, dealing with wheelchairs, Kevs mood swings etc)

Friend, this is the bit I laughed at:

It will be a bit like Movin on by Bad Company!!!!! Man, that song is incredible, but not as good as Kev Sibleys reaction whenever you mention it.

Well, the song will be based around using the four track, but making out that it's like the Rolling Stones mobile studio. It will be released on cassette only.

What do you reckon? On the lumbering side of mid-tempo? Starting with a cowbell? I think I've already made it up.

Ok, I'm going to listen to Movin on now...

On top of that, you may have noticed that I've been experimenting with sentence introductions (I liked using 'Ok' to start the last one off) (UPDATE!!! Just added 'friend' to start one. I read that in a book somewhere ages ago, and I've been wanting to use it for a while). Next time I'll attempt to squeeze in a 'nevertheless' or something.

UPDATE!!!!

I've just made up the chorus:

cos we're gettin it down DOK! DOK! DOK! DOK! DOK!

gettin it down DOK! DOK! DOK! DOK! DOK!

gettin it down, gettin down that rock 'an roll (note misplaced apostrophe)

Awful.

Alright, I better send this before I have any other 'great' ideas.

Stay jazzed.

Will"
    •  OllieOllie
    • please bring Will to our gig on the 20th!
    •  MazzMazz
    • He is going to Avebury on the 20th. :(
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Rob Himself says:

I thought you were hanging up your guitar?

Yeah who needs guiatrs... they're shit. Didn't harm any guitars in making the tape stuff.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mazz says:

He is going to Avebury on the 20th. :(

Gay!!!
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ollie says:

Mazz says:

Gay!!!

Are there any posters for the gig? I can spam them about on local forums.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mazz says:

Ollie says:

Mazz says:

Gay!!!

Are there any posters for the gig? I can spam them about on local forums.

I'll have to ask Grant, I haven't seen any. Apparently if you get 10 people in the St James Wine Vault it's full!!!
    •  Kev Hit DrumKev Hit Drum
    • Griftor's bass cab will fill half the place up, Hearse's drumkit the other.

Any other bands playing? There may not be room... :D
    •  OllieOllie
    • Nope, just us and the Hearse...that's more than enough rock...Bath wouldn't be able to take any more than that!!!

Forums - General Chat - Witchsorrow tape pre-orders