Menu

Forums - General Chat

Weekend-a-mundo

•  mikemike
    • Its Thursday again, what have you achieved this government-sponsored week?

In other words, happenings this weekend.

Today- Go to Leeds and resit Law exam as I'm an idiot and failed by 2% a few weeks ago. Then come back and relax by watching Horse The Band at Corp.

Friday- Go to college, hour of shorthand, 3 hours journalism, finish portfolio (all done bar 2 quotes to chase on the phone and some grammar). Yacht club practice in the evening, maybe a beer after.

Saturday- Finish portfolio completely, watch the cup final (why not?) and then Dr Who, then who knows?

Sunday- shorthand catching up as I won't be in today. Nothing else planned.

Monday- there might be a teachers strike, PANIC then realise this means a day off, score.
    •  mikemike
    • Oh yeah and monday night is TODAY IS THE DAY at Corp, is anyone else going? It should be great, I'm so excited for that!
    •  PetePete
    • Dunno fully yet, but it does include my friend Andy coming from Manchester and going out round the pubs of Sheff Saturday night.

Also includes getting a Today is the Day ticket for Monday at some point.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Today - Work til 5.30 then off to mate's for drinks to celebrate the ATP festival.

Fri/Sat/Sun - ATP Festival!!

Monday - Drive home then pop up to Sheffield to buy new car. May stay up for TITD.
    •  mambamamba
    • Tonight - hopefully cricket will be rained off so I can go to the pub in Hungerford.

Tomorrow - work then dunno

Saturday - work then dunno

Sunday - work then dunno
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Good luck with your exam Mike :)

PS Never knew you were in a yacht club....
    •  BenBen
    • Wez TDJ says:

Same here! Looking forward to Raekwon/Ghostface killah and De la Soul.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Tonight: Quiet practice at home with pete tryign to work out my bass fills for the new record

Friday: GTA4

Saturday: Gig at the grosvenor

Sunday: Hurting myself with nails/power tools around the home
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Friday: Peep Show
      Saturday: Do some gardening, go to see Litmus and that in London
      Sunday: Sod all.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I have enlisted the help of two trusty cat sitters and I am off to Leeds for Lucy Canter's birthday Friday into Saturday. There will be curry.

Working Sunday.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Ben says:

Wez TDJ says:

Same here! Looking forward to Raekwon/Ghostface killah and De la Soul.

Hell Yeah!! Also Explosions, Envy, Mono, Iron & Wine, Stars Of The Lid, AYWKUBTTOD, Polvo and Battles!!
    •  EggyEggy
    • totally didn't see this thread when i was ranting. Today i've washed my car and spoke to some cunt of the phone. next i'm going to send my cheque then go to bed, watch the leeds game tonight, go to work. tomorrow; sleep, footy work. saturday; sleep, footy, footy, footy, no plans for the night (yet). sunday; footy. monday; haven't a clue.

Oh yeah and as well as receiving a letter from orange yesterday while i was asleep vodafone rang AND sky, so i await another call from both of them, super smashing, great.
    •  EggyEggy
    • if today is the day are that band i am thinking of then i may go too.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Bugger all, as I have pulled a muscle in my neck and can barely move about
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Seeing Dara O'Briain at City Hall tonight. Then reefers.

This weekend will be a combination of playing guitar, work crap, playing GTA, rubbing a bit of sunshine on my face, driving, practising, and hopefully some barbecueing.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Friday: Peep Show
      Saturday: Get up early, drive up to the missus in t'norf.
      Sunday: Get up no earlier than 4pm and go home. Finish up Melvins feature.

•  ad_sotad_sot
    • Had a month long weekend. Seem to have done very little work, 3 day working weeks rule. Spent the last few weeks having a break from music and madness. Tour took it out of me. Bought a new longboard, a new hat and a big bag of smoke; spent the best part of the timedown the beach. Skating and sofa-surfing my way through the day. I feel calmer and more mellow than I have in years.
    •  PodgePodge
    • every day this weekend, Friday to Monday will involve riding bikes, both human and engine powered
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • My weekend will be...

Friday- go to London to see Iron and wine with my mate Kathryn.
      saturday- swear at the telly in a pub and then watch Pompey lift the cup... proobably some pub action after if Tobs has anything to do with it.
      sunday- Hangover chill out somewhere in landin.
    •  JackJack
    • Friday- hmmm can't remember if I'm doing anything, probably just a night in, save some cash

Saturday- Ride bike then band practice with new drummer in the afternoon (looking forward to this!) followed by the doom gig in stockwell

Sunday- Make some vj loops with my mate while drinking lots of beer

Forums - General Chat - Weekend-a-mundo