Menu

Forums - General Chat

Last night, outside my work...

•  LaddethLaddeth
    • Thats shit. Is everyone in London getting their knife crime in early before BJ changes the rules?
      You should start wearing a ruff to protect against getting your throat slit?
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • my work got burglarised last night.

would be ok if we weren't a fucking charity so am taking a very dim view of all of this.

was reported first thing...still no sign of po po
    •  MazzMazz
    • That's bad man...very bad.

I had a ruff when I sang in the choir.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • I saw him getting lifted into the ambulance as I was leaving the office. Poor bastard.
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • Why on earth was he let out on bail? It actually beggers belief.
    • While I can't condone gangs or street crime, the police wouldn't have dealt with him in such an agreeable manner for that gang rape as this.
    •  noonenoone
    • I don't like this worrying new trend of people hurting and sometimes killing each other with sharp things.
      Whats the world coming to?
      This would never have happened in the middle ages.
    •  bitterandtwistedbitterandtwisted
    • The more violent crimes there are, the less safe people feel and the more they will carry knives. We'll all be walking around tooled up with AK-47's soon. I'd hate to be a city-living teenager these days and I thank God I never had any kids. The only good thing about that story is that it looks like scum exterminating other scum, so at least there's one less scumthug wasting good oxygen
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • "Tugs from Around"

That's either a type-o, or it sounds like another term for "reach-around". London gangs just get stranger.

Seems like they were all nasty pieces of work. Feel more sorry for the witnesses, no one wants to see anything like that while walking down the street.
    •  bluseychrisbluseychris
    • "They are described as black and aged 20 to 30. One was wearing a red T-shirt, another a white T-shirt, a third was described as being of muscular build and wearing a vest top and the fourth was wearing dark clothing."

That narrows it down a bit.
    •  GrymGrym
    • As soon as i read the original story I thought it'd most likely be a criminal on criminal attack rather than some random event. Then I read this bit...

A worker at the HMV music store, which is opposite McDonald's, said: "I heard that first they stabbed him and then lunged back at him and slashed his throat. I can't believe someone would do this in broad daylight. It could have happened to anyone of us. It could have happened to me. It's crazy."

...and it made me really angry and ranty so I walked away from the thread. But now I'm hungover I feel like calling out this HMV employee as a stupid cock, buying into this whole climate of fear that the media happily spew out at any given chance. What's that Daily Mail? We'll all be stabbed to death by immigrants and criminals by the year 2012? OH NOES!!!!!!!! The truth of the matter is these types of attacks are mostly gang/criminal on gang/criminal. Sure there are random attacks occurring but at a much lower percentage than our media overlords would have you believe. So fuck you Mr HMV, it could have happened to you but unless your involved in criminal activity and inter gang pissing contests then it's a pretty slim chance. You could get hit by hot hail sent from Mongo itself by Ming the Merciless but you probably won't.

Wow, that was a lot more pointless and ranty than expected. Sweet.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Tino Insana says:

"Tugs from Around"

That's either a type-o, or it sounds like another term for "reach-around". London gangs just get stranger.

Why do all UK gangs have the shittest names- LA has the bluds, the crips etc.....we have Tugs From Around. What??
      Does anyone remember The Burger Bar Boys- what sort of fucking gang name is that?? If there was a world cup of gang violence I reckon The Burger Bar Boys would be laughed out of the competition on their name alone!
      I am now probably gonna get shot for dissing them.....doh.
    •  noonenoone
    • you think ' the crips ' is a good name for a gang?
      crip just meant you were a spaz in our school.

this however is easily the best news story from the past month and you can even see the original footage ...

quote from the original story...

''Earlier, when Hughes failed to arrive on time, District Judge Andrew Shaw issued an arrest warrant, adding: "I hope the force will soon be with him."''

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/7398202.stm
    • MORRELL says:

Check PMs for a gag :D
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Grym says:

As soon as i read the original story I thought it'd most likely be a criminal on criminal attack rather than some random event. Then I read this bit...

A worker at the HMV music store, which is opposite McDonald's, said: "I heard that first they stabbed him and then lunged back at him and slashed his throat. I can't believe someone would do this in broad daylight. It could have happened to anyone of us. It could have happened to me. It's crazy."

...and it made me really angry and ranty so I walked away from the thread. But now I'm hungover I feel like calling out this HMV employee as a stupid cock, buying into this whole climate of fear that the media happily spew out at any given chance. What's that Daily Mail? We'll all be stabbed to death by immigrants and criminals by the year 2012? OH NOES!!!!!!!! The truth of the matter is these types of attacks are mostly gang/criminal on gang/criminal. Sure there are random attacks occurring but at a much lower percentage than our media overlords would have you believe. So fuck you Mr HMV, it could have happened to you but unless your involved in criminal activity and inter gang pissing contests then it's a pretty slim chance. You could get hit by hot hail sent from Mongo itself by Ming the Merciless but you probably won't.

This article too (most recent thisislondon link) is worded to gain maximum shock value, apparently the stabee's previous victim had caustic soda poured on her, pretty fucking nasty, but the headline says "HORRIFIC ACID GANG RAPE". Surely you can't get any less acidic than caustic soda? It should read "HORRIFIC ALKALI GANG RAPE" but that wouldn't catch the eye as well or make people hate the guy as much, so they lie. Seems the guy was involved in some pretty nefarious activities though, we're better off without these sorts of people.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Tom P says:

Grym says:

As soon as i read the original story I thought it'd most likely be a criminal on criminal attack rather than some random event. Then I read this bit...

This article too (most recent thisislondon link) is worded to gain maximum shock value, apparently the stabee's previous victim had caustic soda poured on her, pretty fucking nasty, but the headline says "HORRIFIC ACID GANG RAPE". Surely you can't get any less acidic than caustic soda? It should read "HORRIFIC ALKALI GANG RAPE" but that wouldn't catch the eye as well or make people hate the guy as much, so they lie. Seems the guy was involved in some pretty nefarious activities though, we're better off without these sorts of people.

What? The media being sensationalist? Whatever next?

The Darth Vader story is the best thing I'll see on the news until the day Thatcher croaks.
    •  bluseychrisbluseychris
    • MORRELL says:

Tino Insana says:

"Tugs from Around"

Why do all UK gangs have the shittest names- LA has the bluds, the crips etc.....we have Tugs From Around. What??
      Does anyone remember The Burger Bar Boys- what sort of fucking gang name is that?? If there was a world cup of gang violence I reckon The Burger Bar Boys would be laughed out of the competition on their name alone!

That's Aston for you.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • ultimatekev says:

you think ' the crips ' is a good name for a gang?
      crip just meant you were a spaz in our school.

South Park did it.

Forums - General Chat - Last night, outside my work...