Menu
    •  -James-James
    • How fucking amazing am I today! I even had to go to the hospital last night cus I apparently have gallstones! gay! Hurts more than childbirth the FEMALE doctor was telling me.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • What's this got to do with the FA Cup?

If we are talking about that esteemed competition, I enjoyed it greatly this year. The final wasn't brilliant but I've seen worse, and credit to Pompey for their win [69 years after they last won it].
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • we won ugly but we beat them welsh monkey men... good times... saturday may have seen me a tad drunk...
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • I wouldn't say Pompey won in an 'ugly' style necessarily. In the semis yeah, but the final wasn't so bad. It was mainly good defensive play combined with nicking a goal on the break.
    • Even our keeper said we played ugly... nah i enjoyed way more than the semi's Mike saw me in the semis was literally watching through my fingers.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • David James is pretty honest about things football-related. It was great to see him lift the trophy after coming close in 96 and 2000.

The best thing about the final this year, though, was the absence of bitching, whining, moaning and psychological mind games that always seem to occur before a meeting between clubs like Chelsea or United... it's 2 days before the CL final and already the papers are full of mudslinging from both sides.

But not on Saturday; for the most part it was two dedicated fanbases out to enjoy the day and Redknapp enjoying his first major trophy while Jones was graceful in defeat. The game wasn't the best but it seemed to be played in a good spirit with no haranguing the ref or petty arguing, just two sides playing football, which is how it should be.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • I bet this guy hasn't stopped crying since they won!!!

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5972560,00.jpg
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • I hate that bell-ringing cunt, gets right on my tits
    •  hh
    • He works in the bookshop round the corner from me. Had his name changed by deed poll to John Portsmouth Football Club. Can't help but laugh at that.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • sabbathfan says:

The best thing about the final this year, though, was the absence of bitching, whining, moaning and psychological mind games that always seem to occur before a meeting between clubs like Chelsea or United... it's 2 days before the CL final and already the papers are full of mudslinging from both sides.

Ah, the Champions League Final, now that'll be one ugly affair. Two of the top ranking Premier League clubs in a major final? Expect one torrid flurry of inexcusable behaviour and my dad tutting louder than 100 Grandfather clocks. Fuck, still going to watch it.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Tino Insana says:

sabbathfan says:

Ah, the Champions League Final, now that'll be one ugly affair. Two of the top ranking Premier League clubs in a major final? Expect one torrid flurry of inexcusable behaviour and my dad tutting louder than 100 Grandfather clocks. Fuck, still going to watch it.

Dont forget the complete lack of football seeing as when the big clubs reach a final they just dance around the middle of the park for 90 minutes.
    • h says:

He works in the bookshop round the corner from me. Had his name changed by deed poll to John Portsmouth Football Club. Can't help but laugh at that.

You still in petersfield then chap? I must hook up with you while I'm living down south for a bit.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Laddeth says:

Tino Insana says:

sabbathfan says:

I hear that. It'll be Drogba v Ronaldo; freeform gymnastics stand-off.

Dont forget the complete lack of football seeing as when the big clubs reach a final they just dance around the middle of the park for 90 minutes.
    •  -James-James
    • The first line was about the FA cup, how amazing it was.

Whilst writing it I realised that feeling soon left me while I was riling around on the floor in pain!
    •  hh
    • Tim Holehouse says:

h says:

He works in the bookshop round the corner from me. Had his name changed by deed poll to John Portsmouth Football Club. Can't help but laugh at that.

You still in petersfield then chap? I must hook up with you while I'm living down south for a bit.

Yes mate. Didn't realise you were back daaan saaaaf. We'll have to catch up.
    •  noonenoone
    • I was hoping they'd both lose.
    •  CareyCarey
    • "No one wins. One side just loses more slowly."
    •  mikemike
    • Reminds me of that Bezerker song "No One Wins"

Sample at the start-

"No one ever wins, nobody finally loses, except the dead, under the sun they rot together with absolute biological equality"

the track following it is a blur.
    •  noonenoone
    • that's living alright...

Forums - General Chat - FA CUP