Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Denim jacket patches...

•  noonenoone
    • sabbathfan says:

I'm probably not sewing them on right though, I worry that they'll fall off or something, as I've only done one line of stitching all the way round, not double stitched them.

just use a piece of thread twice as long as you need but double it by folding it in half or use dental floss for extra crust punk points and it's strong as fuck and will never fall out.
    •  BiledriverBiledriver
    • Two years ago I did 'VERY METAL' on the back of mine, in rhinestones as I couldn't find studs small enough. I wore it at Wacken and the novelty of being pointed at and photographed wore off after the first couple of days.

I'd still like to do a proper cut-off though, any real shops still sell patches, either London or Bristol?

Ta
    •  OllieOllie
    • I've been given the green light to get a leather biker waistcoat...now I just need to find a hand tooled leather St Vitus patch!!!
    •  WillisWillis
    • I bought a job lot of patches from a car boot sale once. One of them had a badly drawn chicken lifting a barbell using something you couldn't see in his CROTCH area (he had his back to the 'artist';). Underneath it said 'BIONIC COCK'.
    •  MarekMarek
    • I might stick to Pentagram
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • It's just occurred to me that I've only ever owned one denim jacket and I had an AC/DC patch on one shoulder and a WASP one on the other. I wish I still had it. THat jacket with a ZZ Top patch on the back would probably be my ultimate.
    •  alanalan
    • I had a denim jacket when I was about 6. Saved every penny of pocket money to buy patches for it. If I remember rightly I had Ozzy, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, and Bon Jovi. Still got em somewhere I think.

I don't still have the mullet I had when I was 6 though.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • Biledriver says:
      Two years ago I did 'VERY METAL' on the back of mine, in rhinestones as I couldn't find studs small enough. I wore it at Wacken and the novelty of being pointed at and photographed wore off after the first couple of days.

I'd still like to do a proper cut-off though, any real shops still sell patches, either London or Bristol?

Hi there,
      If you cant find the patches at real shops, I can point you in the direction of an online shop, or just search doom metal patches on myspace. That's my friend Pete, or Doom Metal Patches guy :)
      have fun!

Ta
      [Edited by ms tinnitus at 10:31 on 16/05/09]
    •  PodgePodge
    • Ollie says:
      I've been given the green light to get a leather biker waistcoat...now I just need to find a hand tooled leather St Vitus patch!!!
      no one should be given the green light for leather, denim yes but leather no
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Podge says:
      green light for leather

Wasn't that a Saxon song?
    •  the chapthe chap
    • i have some bumsnogger and spazzareth patches...
    •  cortezcortez
    • I have the following on mine, the Obsessed, Monster Magnet, the Hellacopters, Backyard Babies, a Mack Truck patch and an Iron Cross. I have a few more to add, St. Vitus, Pentagram but I'm lazy.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Mine. Sadl you can't properly see the Goat Semen or Aura Noir patches, but, meh...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/slackmammoth/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTktMjAwOTA4MjEtMDgxM.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/slackmammoth/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTgtMjAwOTA4MjEtMDgxM.jpg

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Denim jacket patches...