Menu

Forums - General Chat

First Axe & Rig?

•  LimbBobLimbBob
    • Mine was a Hohner Rockwood Lx90 with a sweet JHS 15 watt 1 x 8" combo and a Rocktek Distortion pedal.

It was DISGUSTING. I drew the Nailbomb logo on the Rockwwod.

Ah those were the days.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Columbus Les Paul copy
      30w Marshall thingy
      Boss digital metalizer

sounded goooooooood
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Still got my first rig cus I've got booger all money to buy myself a proper amp and a new guitar:

Epiphone Les Paul
      Orange Crush 10w amp

Tiny beast.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Tino Insana says:
      Still got my first rig

Still got mine too, though it's back home at the parents house.

Marshall Valvestate VS15R
      Black Aria Pro II Knight Warrior

http://www.mcquain.com/lespaul/Guitars_SOLD/Aria-Pro-II-Knight-Warrior.jpg

Pickups were terrible but not a bad first guitar all in all.

I also have a Korg G3 kicking around somewhere, as used by Dimebag Darrell. That's not why I bought it.
      [Edited by Gareth at 20:43 on 14/08/12]
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • You're fooling no-one.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • A Marlin 'State of the Art series' Bass in black with red trim. Very cheesy.
      I played it through a Park 15Watt 1x10 combo and soon gave it extra grunt with a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I had a terrible black Satellite Les Paul copy...which I still have though it's trashed. I put this through a little Laney 8 watt practice amp that would only distort if I turned it right up and pissed off the neighbours. It didn't like being turned right up though and kept breaking!!!

I traded up after a year or so to a JV series Squier Straocaster and a solid state Marshall 75 watt 1x12 combo that sounded the bollocks with an Ibanez Sonic Distortion pedal.
    •  LimbBobLimbBob
    • My second "set up" was a Fender Squire Sub-sonic which to this day I'm convinced is the best guitar I ever owned.

I also got a Peavey Rage 158. That's when shit got REAL! (or so I thought at the time)
    •  JackJack
    • Fender Squire strat and a Park amp. Still have both
    •  mikemike
    • I had an awesome, really light tanglewood bass and a 30 watt practice amp, practiced loads and learned how to play most Sabbath songs, then sold both to get a PA, actually sold it to our bassist, who then sold it to another mate, where it is now, I've no idea but it had some use for sure.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • a red epiphone strat with double humbuckers and a pointy jackson-esque headstock, with some shitty practice amp
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Encore bass into a digi tech tube screamer into a 10 watt bass amp who's name I have forgotten.

Sounded like a fart in a biscuit tin and I had too strings on my bass. Worked perfectly for my first punk band... we sounded crappy and so did my set up.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • LimbBob says:
      My second "set up" was a Fender Squire Sub-sonic which to this day I'm convinced is the best guitar I ever owned.

is that a sparkly blue number which looks a bit upside down? I've played one of those once and whilst it looked and sounded great, it's insides were sellotaped together and i found it an utter pig to play.

edit...ooh my bad. i was thinking of the squire SUPERsonic.
      [Edited by bad admiral at 14:13 on 16/08/12]
    •  LimbBobLimbBob
    • It was like this (baritone) but not with those pickups and it was great! Heavy as anything.

Cost me £130

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/110826/subsonic_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
      [Edited by LimbBob at 14:11 on 21/08/12]
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • A shitty Jay Turser Japanese Fender Precision copy, not the greatest bass in the world but it was fine for a beginner. No idea what my amp was but it was awful.

Haven't played bass in years but always kid myself that one day I'll get back into it. Never too late to learn etc, I just need someone who can motivate me and set me some decent homework exercises. Or join a shit band.
    •  RamoRamo
    • http://imageshack.us/a/img339/5166/gartmore.jpg

Epiphone Special II in black which i proceeded to cover with stickers and tipp-ex band logos, that's me on the right rockin out.. best pic i could find ha ha

Marshall 15W combo which was constantly on the THRASH setting suggested on the box

Boss Metalzone MT2 sold after 3 months or so as i preferred the amp distortion!
    •  OllieOllie
    • Gareth says:
      Tino Insana says:
      Still got my first rig

Still got mine too, though it's back home at the parents house.

Marshall Valvestate VS15R
      Black Aria Pro II Knight Warrior

http://www.mcquain.com/lespaul/Guitars_SOLD/Aria-Pro-II-Knight-Warrior.jpg

Pickups were terrible but not a bad first guitar all in all.

I also have a Korg G3 kicking around somewhere, as used by Dimebag Darrell. That's not why I bought it.

I always loved these Arias after seeing a photo of Mid from Deviated Instinct using one.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Pretty sure it's at my parents house somewhere, along with the Korg. I know the amp's there as I saw it last time I was home.

I need to get better at moving stuff on...

Forums - General Chat - First Axe & Rig?