Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Them 90's/early 00s Brit bands

•  OllieOllie
    • Rootjoose were from down here and were the most shitawful cuntbag of utter tosswank ever!
    •  JackJack
    • I went to see them in Truro, good memories, they were cool guys too. Tim Smit of the Eden project used to manage them, so they were round at my mate Sams (Smit) a lot.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Surely that's the acoustic line from 'Faith'.

MANJUICE
    •  PodgePodge
    • We used to share our practice room with Freakspurt, they were dicks

Here in NZ they are still on the 90/00s. Yesterday P.O.D. were on national prime time radio
    •  mambamamba
    • I still like these - Flight 16
      Not sure what that video has to do with anything.

Oh, and I did like Rootjoose. They did a couple of tours with Moke who have stood the test of time slightly better.
    •  PetePete
    • mamba says:
      Yes, I listened to a lot of crap rap rock.

I love Bullyrag, still to this day. ManBreak were interesting but never did it fully for me, Dust Junkys used to play every other week near where I lived and were great live (I remember the Fleetwood Mac 'Oh Well' rip off the most), and I liked Sona Fariq too, until the singer launched into an anti-student tirade at a gig full of students (including me).

I laugh at most of the stuff above, but those you mentioned (and Senser, who were a bit before) were the closest to the ones I'm not ashamed of liking, and the only British ones I really liked (except for the properly good ones like Pitchshifter. Dub War, Acrimony and The Dawn)

Others...
      One Minute Silence (bad)
      Kill to This (badder)
      Cecil
      3 Colours Red (hated them as they were Kerrang bumchums)
      All other Wildhearts spin offs (plus Wildhearts who I despised)
      Earl Brutus
      The Kennedy Soundtrack
      Janus Stark
      Soundisciples
      Out
      Tampasm
      Fluffy
      Dearly Beheaded
      Cable (the UK ones, obviously)

Sorry for lack of YouTube links...I'll update this post soon.
      [Edited by Pete at 18:59 on 09/11/10]
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • cecil?
      always the support band (if it wasn't 3CR)
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I haven't heard of any of these bands. Is that cos I'm a baby?
    •  EggyEggy
    • think i read recently that OMS were getting back together again. lost count of the number of times i saw them, i bought the t-shirt about 4 times though.

•  mikemike
    • Onedice

Been thinking of them since this thread emerged, they don't have a video though :(

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Them 90's/early 00s Brit bands