Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Selling Instruments

•  PodgePodge
    • I've got loads of bass, drum & amp stuff I want rid of & eBay is silly expensive these days. Does anyone know any good forums / sites that have a buy / sell section?
    •  GarethGareth
    • I try and do mine mostly on Basschat. They have an 'Other Musically Related Items For Sale' section which should cover your non bass related stuffs.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Cheers for that I'll give it a go
    •  mikemike
    • I bet you'd shift a lot on Facebook to be fair and you'd know people on there too.
    •  mikemike
    • Oh and what drum stuff? I'm learning officially from this week (really).
    •  PodgePodge
    • Tried facebook, no one was interested

I have 2 drum kits

1 set of stands

Some cases

I'm keeping snare & cymbals
    •  mikemike
    • Fair doooooooz.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Any other sales forums?

I need shut of this stuff, I'm sick of it clogging up my house
    •  mambamamba
    • You got a drum hardware case? Not that it would be very convenient for me to pick up.
    •  PodgePodge
    • No, I use an old army holdall for the hardware
    •  SlightlydeadsamSlightlydeadsam
    • Have you tried Gum Tree or Pre loved? I know people who have had success with them. No charge to use.

What is it specifically - makes and models you are trying to sell?

Cheers.
    •  PodgePodge
    • I sold it all, well all the drum stuff to the local music shop. They've only been buying s/h stuff recently hence not knowing the did it. I've still to get rid of my bass equipment but that all needs getting together first
    •  SlightlydeadsamSlightlydeadsam
    • Cool man, good stuff. That sounds a lot more convenient! Good luck with the Bass gear dude.
    •  mikemike
    • Just had a thought Podge, you could call the practice rooms in Sheff that lend gear and sell them amps/leads.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Seeing the quality of Sheffield practice room equipment I think my stuff is out of their 50p budget.

I'll stick the amp, pedals & bass up on bass chat & see if anyone bites. The drum stuff was the most important stuff to get rid of as it's so bulky, now I have a bit of space to sort out the rest of it.
    •  mikemike
    • Ha! Yeah suppose.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I can't afford them but what pedals you got?
    •  PodgePodge
    • Er... Dunlop wah, Russian big muff, fender tuner, beringer bass overdrive. Maybe more, I'll have to check as I've not opened the pedal box in over 2.5 years.
    •  GarethGareth
    • To be taken in context only:-

Might be interested in the Russian Muff.
    •  PodgePodge
    • I'm clearing old computer stuff tomorrow which means I should be able to get to the pedals so I'll double check

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Selling Instruments