Menu

Forums - General Chat

At the Movies

•  basstardbasstard
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      basstard says:

Watched The Super Inframan last night which is a highly entertaining way of filling a couple of hours. Totallly goofy early 80s Chinese sub-Godzilla superhero vs. monsters tomfoolery. I'm a total sucker for stuff like that.

I like things like this. The original Godzilla is impressive in its own way I think.

Yeah, the original Godzilla was quite a different kettle of fish to the later ones in the series.
      They all have their own appeal though; I'm particularly fond of the much maligned Godzilla vs. Hedorah (aka Godzilla vs the Smog Monster) for the freaky 60s band early on and the bit where Godzilla holds his tail between his legs and flies backwards. Class act.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Finally got round to watching Black Death. A bit silly but good fun. I always enjoy seeeing Christians in peril!
    •  MazzMazz
    • basstard says:
      Finally got round to watching Black Death. A bit silly but good fun. I always enjoy seeeing Christians in peril!

Tis good. I liked the Witch..HOT WITCH
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • I'm sure many people will give it a swerve anyway, but whatever you do, don't go anywhere near Scream 4. I got dragged to it on Friday and I hated every fucking minute of it. I haven't seen the other 3 and I won't be making the effort.

In fact, you should watch it, just so you can see what a shower of shite it is.

And Courtney Cox has had her lips done and she looks hanging. Such a shame as she used to be really hot. Sometimes it's actually painful to look at her.

If I had to give it a rating out of 10 I would give it a saucepan of dog shit mulled in bull semen for 5 days.

Having said that, doesn't look like there's a whole lot of other great films on the way in the next few months except the new X Men which looks ace.
    •  alanalan
    • bazzathespaz says:
      Having said that, doesn't look like there's a whole lot of other great films on the way in the next few months except the new X Men which looks ace.

Err, you're obviously forgetting THIS:

http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/hobo-with-a-shotgun-movie-poster.jpg
    •  MazzMazz
    • alan says:
      bazzathespaz says:

http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/hobo-with-a-shotgun-movie-poster.jpg

FAR.....OUT
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Mazz says:
      alan says:
      bazzathespaz says:

Ha ha! Lowbrow all the way - you'll love it if you like Planet Terror, grindhouse type a films!

FAR.....OUT
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Hobo looks worth a go.
      Also heard that the Alan Partridge movie has got the green light. TV shows/ characters usually don't translate very well to the big screen but I am partial to a bit of Norwich's finest.
    • Egg and my face are well and truly in alignment. OK, so apart from X Men, Hobo with a Shotgun and maybe Alan Partridge, the next few months at the cinema look like a dire do.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I watched the French gangster/ bankrobber/ kidnapper 2-part epic Mesrine at the weekend. Excellent lead role by Vincent Cassell (a.k.a. Mr Monica Bellucci the lucky sod) depicting the life and crimes of the notorious French criminal.
      I enjoyed this quite a lot but felt it could have been better. Even though it's two fairly lengthy movies it seemed rushed at times, as though they were skipping important events. Still, pretty good overall and certainly better than whatever was on TV at the time.

Oh yeah, just watched the trailer for Hobo With A Shotgun too. It looks ace.
      [Edited by basstard at 11:57 on 22/06/11]
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Saw the new X-Men film on Saturday - fantastic! One of the films of he year, great blend of sci-fi and history and great story linkages.
    •  PetePete
    • I watched Fire in Babylon over the last 2 days.

Absolutely brilliant. It's essentially a feature length cricket documentary about the West Indies in the 70's, but it's much more and worth watching even if you aren't a cricket fan due to the focus on politics at the time.

If I can say this unpatronisingly, and I'm not sure I can so apologies - the coolest film you'll see all year.
      [Edited by Pete at 21:08 on 22/06/11]
    • basstard says:

Oh yeah, just watched the trailer for Hobo With A Shotgun too. It looks ace.

I wasn't impressed to be honest. Even for tongue in cheek it was pretty dire.

Looking forward to X Men though
      [Edited by bazzathespaz at 21:21 on 22/06/11]
    •  mambamamba
    • Pete says:
      I watched Fire in Babylon over the last 2 days.

Absolutely brilliant. It's essentially a feature length cricket documentary about the West Indies in the 70's, but it's much more and worth watching even if you aren't a cricket fan due to the focus on politics at the time.

If I can say this unpatronisingly, and I'm not sure I can so apologies - the coolest film you'll see all year.

I'll have to check it out.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Pete says:
      I watched Fire in Babylon over the last 2 days.

This year's definitely a good one for sport documentaries. I'm no cricket fan but Fire In Babylon does look v. good.
      Check out Closer to the Edge about the TT- really great footage despite the 3D gimmickry. Also the Senna doc is apparently top notch according to my dad.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I haven't really watched a film in a while...apart from kids films with my little girl. sarah was watching My Cousin Vinny the other day...Marisa Tomei definitely caught my eye!!!
    •  alanalan
    • I watched the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still the other day. I was expecting it to be bad. ...and it was. Glad I wasn't disappointed! :P
    •  basstardbasstard
    • My Neighbour Totoro. Ace Japanese kids film from Studio Ghibli.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Many films out of lack of anything better to do. Most recently:-

Zodiac - Great film, even if it dragged a bit towards the end.

Brotherhood of the Wolf - French period drama/horror/kung fu with Monica Belluci for Basstard and men generally.

True Grit - The remake. Awesome, as all Cohen bros films tend to be.

Got Moon for tonight. Seen it before but I thought it would be worth another watch.
    •  PetePete
    • Just seen Where Eagles Dare on TV. One of my favourite films ever. Also half way through 2001 A Space Odyssey. I haven't seen it before, really want to, but found the slow pace tough going with it so nice outside so I'll finish it tomorrow.

Forums - General Chat - At the Movies