Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Mantra 6th June w/Gentlemans Pistols/Winters/Ahymsa/Grifter

•  GrahamGraham
    • I'm thinking this might be the best Mantra line-up yet! Only one week to go!!!

:):):):):)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/DrGre/Mantra060608-1.jpg

•  OllieOllie
    • We're on at the unholy time of 8.15 so unless you want to miss us...which believe me you don't want to judging by our practice yesterday...make sure you get yourselves down there well early.
    •  JackJack
    • Could do with being on a little later given the distance your travelling etc, still I'm sure people will make sure to get there on time
    •  OllieOllie
    • Yeah it's a shame after travelling for 5 hours we may end up playing to no-one but there you go...we do it for the rock!!! I'm supposed to have some people showing up but I have a feeling as they may not be able to get there on time they may not bother coming...shame.
    •  JackJack
    • I know quite a few people are coming. I'll be there, Isa will be there, Aaron may be and maybe Ian etc. Also I believe Carey and firends are coming so should be all good
    •  CareyCarey
    • yeah, i'm coming, but i can't leave work til 4 so i'll be lucky if i catch the start of grifter. think catherine's gonna be a little earlier than me so she should be there, indeed.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • If I get sent down London way this week I should be there too, possibly with Ager in tow
    •  bitterandtwistedbitterandtwisted
    • Ollie, you'll most definitely be playing to two people at the very least: me and my pal Ozzy Pete. We'll be there at around 7.30 so we'll most probs have time to buy you a pint before you play as well.

CAN'T FECKING WAIT! This is a really awesome line-up
    •  CareyCarey
    • cool, i didn't know you were going, linda!

just checked and the train i want to get gets to king's cross at 7.45. if i still have tube skills, i should catch the end of your set. play sloooooooowly, please.
    •  CareyCarey
    • and proper directions from the tube station would be appreciated.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Well, if you hammer it down to the Northern Line and get on an Edgware train it should take about 5 or 6 mins from King's X to Chalk Farm, it's pretty close.
    •  CareyCarey
    • yeah, but when i get off the tube where do i need to go?
    •  JackJack
    • yeah it really is close to Kings cross, you can get a bus from there too. You should get there on time to see most of the set if you use some skills
    •  CareyCarey
    • am i wording this really badly? i know how to get to chalk farm. i have not been to the venue before. how do i get there from chalk farm tube station?
    •  JackJack
    • Ah ok its pretty easy, cross over the road from the station. There's a road by the side of the enterprise pub, a small road, walk to the end of that till you come to the end and you'll see the back of the Fiddlers over the other side of the road. like 5 mins walk
    •  CareyCarey
    • sorted. thanks!
    •  JackJack
    • or if that gets tricky, phone me, I'll pm my number. I can come find ya
    •  CareyCarey
    • cheers. i should be alright but it's always good to have back-up...
    •  mambamamba
    • I'll try and leave work early so I can get up there in plenty of time.
    •  CareyCarey
    • mamba says:

I'll try and leave work early so I can get up there in plenty of time.

yay! it'll be ace to see you too, well looking forward to this.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Mantra 6th June w/Gentlemans Pistols/Winters/Ahymsa/Grifter