Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Rachmanite Tracks Up

•  PodgePodge
    • OK boys and girls.
      Tom just uploaded tracks off our demo on to myspace.

www.myspace.com/rachmanite

i think so far no one but Big Si & Stocky off these boards have heard these before, i hope you'll all be pleasantly surprised by what we sound like.
      you can play them and download them and there will be a free cdr demo available to anyone who so wishes to request one.

we have 1 other track finished called Bells but you'll probably never hear as we can nail it at something silly like 1 minute 90 seconds these days and we should have a new one sorted for the 9hz alldayer that's hitting a vague botch / OMG / baroness vibe.

let us know what you think even if you hate it, that's cool though we'd prefer you liked it.

were up for gigs too, don't really care where or when, we'd just like to play and being that there's only 2 of us, were dead easy to put on so drop us a line at the myspace above or pm here or whatever.

thanks.
    •  PetePete
    • cool, i'll listen now.

you've spelt your band name wrong in the thread title.
    •  JackJack
    • having a listen now:D
    •  PodgePodge
    • Pete says:
      you've spelt your band name wrong in the thread title.

could you fix it please mr editor, its my fat fingers
    •  PodgePodge
    • oh i can do it my self, never knew that.

done
    •  JackJack
    • Heavy
    •  PodgePodge
    • i'm surprised how heavy they sound through myspace, i thought they'd sound like pish but its OK.

oh and for all those that were expecting doom / sludge. sorry but it aint. been doing that almost 10 years, it was time for a change in a lighter direction
    •  PetePete
    • Good stuff, sounds great. Goodnight Sleep Tight is my favourite.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Good stuff podge
    •  seansean
    • Pete says:

Good stuff, sounds great. Goodnight Sleep Tight is my favourite.

i am enjoy that one, also first has plenty of bite...
    •  mikemike
    • Liking these Podge n Tom! Sounds like 5ive in a way but theres other stuff going on there too!
    •  PodgePodge
    • mike says:
      Liking these Podge n Tom! Sounds like 5ive in a way but theres other stuff going on there too!

cheers all. there is a vague effort to steer clear of the whole 5ive thing, as a guitar and drums setup we'll always have that comparison to some extent so we don't want to fuel it too much.
    •  mikemike
    • Yeah theres an almost indie-screamo thing going on in the cleaner parts, like Slint or whatever.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • I like. Will grab a cdr off ya at the alldayer
    •  DEAN O)))DEAN O)))
    • They sound pretty good,i'm quite impressed Mr Podge.

Are you going to have a cdr demo on sale at any point?
    •  tom.atom.a
    • DEAN O))) says:

we will have a load at some point when i get round to copying them......... as for charging nope just let us know when your gona be in town n well just give them away free.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Sounding cool!!!
    •  PodgePodge
    • tom.a says:
      DEAN O))) says:
      we will have a load at some point when i get round to copying them......... as for charging nope just let us know when your gona be in town n well just give them away free.

yeah it will be free, i can scam free photocopied artwork through work and a CDr is 10p these days so there is no need to charge for anything, i'll probably be giving them away with any Calculon orders too when i remember.

i hope there will be a cheap and cheerful split before the end of the year maybe through Calculon but I'd like some one else to pick that up or a co-release at least but for the time being its all about getting those gigs
    •  DEAN O)))DEAN O)))
    • tom.a says:

DEAN O))) says:

Nice one!

We gave our demo out for free,even posted aload to the us for free.The amount of exposure it gets you makes it worthwhile.

Podge says:
      yeah it will be free, i can scam free photocopied artwork through work and a CDr is 10p these days so there is no need to charge for anything, i'll probably be giving them away with any Calculon orders too when i remember.

i hope there will be a cheap and cheerful split before the end of the year maybe through Calculon but I'd like some one else to pick that up or a co-release at least but for the time being its all about getting those gigs
      So no one in mind for the split thing then?

Yeah getting the gigs is quite difficult when you start,have a word with John from zangief about a gig swap in one in liverpool one in sheff.That's how we got that gig with charger the other month.
    •  PodgePodge
    • DEAN O))) says:
      Nice one!

We gave our demo out for free,even posted aload to the us for free.The amount of exposure it gets you makes it worthwhile.

yeah but we aren't your typical DFFD material. when i get a copy off Tom i'll start pimping it further afield but till then i cant really offer anyone anything. were in no special rush. and as we are not selling anything, non UK stuff is a bit pointless, we need to cover the UK first as that's where we can play. once we have something to sell, then we look outside these isles

DEAN O))) says:
      So no one in mind for the split thing then?

band wise, there are a few people we have considered approaching when the time is right, label wise is anyone that will have us for a short run of musical fun, were starting out, i dont expect 1000 in HMV or a limited 10" press of 37 on 44 colours hand numbered by a blind chimp in the north pole on gatefold cream cheese. i like the oldschool hardcore ethic of record every 4 months and put out a split or get your stuff on a compilation. it took AOFR something like 10 years to do an album but they have one hell of a discography.

DEAN O))) says:
      Yeah getting the gigs is quite difficult when you start,have a word with John from zangief about a gig swap in one in liverpool one in sheff.That's how we got that gig with charger the other month.

gig swaps are the plan and i have a shed load of contacts from the excelsum / bumsnogger days and of course through my label so i'm in no way short of people to ring and pester, but again were not your typical stoner etc stuff so we'll probably end up lumped slightly more in the post rock camp and that side of things, but we'll see how it goes after the 2 we have booked in London and the 2 long weekends i'm trying to get together

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Rachmanite Tracks Up