Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

FLATLANDS / A Horse Called War / Moloch / Hoarse - Notts 28th June.

•  HelenSDHelenSD
    • An epic night of doomy sludgy hardcore..
      plus massive distro tables from Feast of Tentacles and Sound Devastation..
      Chameleon Bar (above Clinton Cards)
      7.30pm
      4 pounds..

flyer to come!
    •  EggyEggy
    • same night as *shels play manchester i do believe so looks like i'll be in mancland.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Bloody good gig this looks, but I'll be up in Mancland too for My Bloody Valentine.
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • Hoarse have unfortunately had to pull out to drummer failure...
    •  mikemike
    • Fail his MOT?
    •  CareyCarey
    • wish i could go to this. why is everything in the world happening on the 28th june?
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Carey says:

wish i could go to this. why is everything in the world happening on the 28th june?

Yeah, it's a pain, I need to clone myself TWICE for this evening

Will probably sneak out from the party for Flatlands and AHCW, and then sneak back in
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • What's the running order and rough times bands will be on?
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • 8 - Moloch
      9 - A Horse Called War
      10 - Flatlands

Roughly. As Hoarse pulled out (due to their drummer leaving/kicked out) all the bands are playing extended sets. Exciting!

SD and FoT distros will be there, so bring monies. I'm sure we've both got CDs and Vinyl to tempt you all.

If you can make this, please do. It's Helen's first gig, so it'd be great if as many people as possible turn out! :cool:
    •  mikemike
    • We might crack out a new one if the rest are up for it.

We'll be playing most of the album.

Chris, I'll try and get you and Helen a boulty-mix of the album so you can hear it. Nick got the masters yesterday so we should have it back by next week/week after completed!
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • TONIGHT!
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • How was it guys? Sorry I didn't make it down
    •  mikemike
    • Good if a bit quiet, Moloch were really good, AHCW were as I expected, dirty, messy sludge, I thought we came across as distinctly not heavy after those two bands!
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Not according to some onlookers, apparently we caused bowel movements.
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • Thanks to all the people who turned up, and thanks to all the bands for playing and being helpful in terms of organization.

I think Helen made a minimal loss, but considering the state of DIY gigs at the moment, for her first ever one, I think it was a success!

Moloch were incredibly and punishingly loud, AHCW were raging, and Flatlands were awesome - the new stuff sounds wicked.

•  mikemike
    • Come and see us in Sheffield when we next play, we'll probably be more practiced!

Thanks to Helen for putting us on, cool venue too! The Becks tasted like honey, wicked.
    •  FreeneyFreeney
    • Holy crap this is a mega line up.
    •  PodgePodge
    • WAS

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - FLATLANDS / A Horse Called War / Moloch / Hoarse - Notts 28th June.