Menu
    •  RamoRamo
    • Thats all fine and dandy but where's the Glasgow date...hopefully they're plannin more dates in the gaping 10-day break sandwiched in there.

Kamchatka are rockin' aswell, in a fuzzed out scandinavian kinda way.
    •  PodgePodge
    • pity taint aren't doing the sheff show. clutch will have to pull out something bloody special for me to go down this time
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Podge says:

pity taint aren't doing the sheff show. clutch will have to pull out something bloody special for me to go down this time

Lots of early stuff?
    •  PodgePodge
    • maybe, but i've seen it all done at the time. used to really love clutch but they dont do it for me any more.
    •  mambamamba
    • Podge says:

pity taint aren't doing the sheff show.

Their myspace blog says they are, but it's not on the live listings. So they may be.
    •  mambamamba
    • Ramo says:

Thats all fine and dandy but where's the Glasgow date...hopefully they're plannin more dates in the gaping 10-day break sandwiched in there.

They're all booked up for European festivals in that gap.
    •  CareyCarey
    • does the tour mean a new album?
    •  mambamamba
    • I think its just because they're doing some European festivals, although....

blabbermouth says:
      Maryland rockers CLUTCH have issued the following update:

"We have started our own label called Weathermaker Music. Look for ALL future CLUTCH and THE BAKERTON GROUP (the instrumental project featuring Mick Schauer, Tim Sult, Dan Maines, and Jean-Paul Gaster of CLUTCH) releases on Weathermaker! Look for the first release in late summer 2008 — our first live DVD and a live CD both released the same day! Exact release date to be announced soon."

High-quality, three-camera multitracked audio/video footage of CLUTCH performing the song "The Dragonfly" at Rams Head in Annapolis, Maryland on December 31, 2007 can be viewed below (courtesy of "touchoclass").

CLUTCH's video for the song "Electric Worry", filmed at the historic Maryland Theatre in Hagerstown, MD, is available for viewing at YouTube. The track comes off the group's latest album, "From Beale Street to Oblivion", which came out on March 27, 2007 through DRT Entertainment.
    •  CareyCarey
    • well, that's new material, if not a new album.
    •  JackJack
    • I have the same thing as Podge about Clutch, seen them a few times now, sort of got my fill. After a while they dont really excite me that much. Its funny because I do like them live but its kind of like watching the same show every time
    •  CareyCarey
    • i've seen them four or five times and think they've played really different sets each time. didn't really enjoy the beale street heavy set they played in sheffield but i heard the setlist was very different everywhere they played that tour.

i'll be going, they're still my favourite band after all these years...
    •  JackJack
    • I'll probably end up going anyways, still a good rock show
    •  mambamamba
    • I'll definitely be going to the Oxford date. Still love em even though I wasn't overly excited by Beale St. It'll be worth it just for Taint and Kamchatka.
    •  JackJack
    • Kamchatka sound damn tasty. I must get the albums

•  OllieOllie
    • Jack Dickinson says:

Kamchatka sound damn tasty. I must get the albums

I've got them, I'll do you a burn if you want.
    •  mikemike
    • Hmm, might go to this but last two times I saw them (Sheffield Beale Street tour and the Roadburn date a week later) they played nothing but Beale Street with only about 1 or 2 songs from pre Blas Tyrant on offer, me and Si were about to give up on them at Roadburn until they got Red Horse Rainbows out and I think that was so they could include Wino who happened to be there at the fest.
    •  JackJack
    • I heard the hammond guy left, might change the sound a bit
    •  RamoRamo
    • quote:
      I heard the hammond guy left, might change the sound a bit

No way, I had grown to really like that aspect of their sound then again it's not like they're gonna be any less rockin'...seen Clutch 5 times and i keep going back for more!
    •  EggyEggy
    • Not really listened to beale street much at all. Love clutch, last tour nottingham was a lot better than sheffield, but i think it depends who's turn it is to do the setlist, i recall that Fallon prefers to stick to the later stuff and that's why it was mostly beale st in sheffield.

There's that many clutch albums i never get around to listening to beale street there's always plenty of stuff to listen in front of it.

The notts gig is show on rockworld tv for peeps that don't know.

No doubt i'll get the new stuff when it comes out, the acoustic stuff sounds interesting.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Clutch August tour