ISIS »
      NEIL HAMBURGER »
      DäLEK »
      BIG BUSINESS »

CURATED BY MIKE PATTON
      FANTôMAS PERFORMING THE DIRECTOR'S CUT »
      THE LOCUST »
      ZU »

The Director's motherfucking Cut?! I have to be there.
    •  tom.atom.a
    • shit me sideways this looks good
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Oh hell yeah!
    •  mikemike
    • If they pick some more good bands I might go, I haven't been down yet due to no money, its rather alot most times isnt it?
    •  mambamamba
    • I would consider it, but it's the same weekend as Hard Rock Hell and I think that wins.
    •  theadoretheadore
    • £140/£150 for room only/self catering if you book early. Go up £10 each after a certain amount of time.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • can you even get the tickets now? the ticket page didnt seem to working before.

This looks pretty awsome though! Deffo gonna try get down to it.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Is there a website? This is just up the road from me...sort of...about 60 miles. Don't really need a room or anything like that as I'd pretty much be going for the Melvins so I'd need to know if they just do day tickets.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Erm....has anyone noticed that ATP seem to put on the same bands OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
    •  theadoretheadore
    • ChrisC says:

can you even get the tickets now? the ticket page didnt seem to working before.

This looks pretty awsome though! Deffo gonna try get down to it.

See Tickets

Early bird tickets available until 1st July
    •  mikemike
    • JenTheHen says:

Erm....has anyone noticed that ATP seem to put on the same bands OVER AND OVER AGAIN?

Yeah, seems like they are matey with a few labels, ask them to curate and they all like the same bands.

If Explosions In The Sky play again it may well have to be renamed Explosion-fest.
    •  NathanNathan
    • You have to admit though that considering only a handful of bands are confirmed this looks pretty sick. I reckon I'm going to mission it down from York with Matt in the fastest rental care money can buy.

ATP is normally worth it just for the 'getting fucked out if your skull at Butlins' experience. Having said that it was better at Pontins and it's going to be might fucking cold people! Beer coats all round.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • Nathan says:

in the fastest rental care money can buy.

ha ha fucking brilliant typo! :D

on a serious note, this could be rather special depending on how out there Melvins go with the other bands.

Jen: Hush with the negativity again!
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • To be fair, I have to agree on this one. ATP bore me senseless. Yeah, OK, those bands are great. But it does seem like they do a rotating line-up that doesn't actually rotate that much! :P
    •  Matt_tgpgMatt_tgpg
    • ChrisSD says:

To be fair, I have to agree on this one. ATP bore me senseless. Yeah, OK, those bands are great. But it does seem like they do a rotating line-up that doesn't actually rotate that much! :P

Ah, I'm not too sure I agree. The line up does tehnd to vary quite a bit depending on who is curating.

For instance, the Explosions in the Sky ATP had very little to recommend it (as a whole), there were a few good bands on the line up. However, the Shellac/Mogwai/Tortoise ATP a few years back was wall to wall excellent.

The Nurse with Wound ATP also a case in point!
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • fair do's. to be honest, i said that, but i don't keep abreast of ATP happenings enough to really comment.

it just seems that every time i do check explosions in the sky, shellac and a few regulars are announced first and it puts me off.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • I might have to go to this. If only just for Big Business and Melvins.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - ATP - Nightmare before christmas