Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

The Icarus Line anyone???

•  slomoslomo
    • Playing at Corporation on thursday 7th August!

I saw these years ago and thought they were bloody wonderful!!! Absolutely loud as fuck and kicked the crap out of the venue. recall the guitarist walking down the bar and kicking the shit out of everything! Was sweet!

A good old rock affair!
    •  AlecAlec
    • havent they split up? i swear they split up...
    •  mikemike
    • Love them! Never seen them, have they reformed? Like reformed ham?
    •  slomoslomo
    • MORE LIKE FOAMED HE-MAN.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • They were the fucking bomb! Thought they'd split up
    •  slomoslomo
    • they are alive and kicking!
    •  RamoRamo
    • Awesome, hope they're comin to Glasgow...saw these guys 3 times and each time they blew me away, a force to be reckoned with. The first two times i saw em they were all wearin black shirts/red ties, was quality!

mono is a fantastic album.
    •  slomoslomo
    • i saw that outfit combo too! Like an evil 'hives'.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • saw them in 2001 at reading and they were fucking awesome. mono is great, as is penance soiree. weren't they behind buddyhead and isn't aaron now in nin?
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • bad admiral says:

saw them in 2001 at reading and they were fucking awesome. mono is great, as is penance soiree. weren't they behind buddyhead and isn't aaron now in nin?

Aaron North is part of team buddyhead, was a touring member of NiN for a couple of years and is now in his own band, Jubilee
    •  tom.atom.a
    • yeah i saw the posters for this at work today and got well exited. last time i saw these was at the old fez club years and years ago.
    •  GarethGareth
    • tom.a says:

yeah i saw the posters for this at work today and got well exited. last time i saw these was at the old fez club years and years ago.

Same here, great live band.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • i saw them in them big kettles near sheff station, probably one of the few times i though the band might just attack me! Although saw them again in sheff and they seemed to have toned it down alot.....

Mono was awsome but didnt really get on with ought after that! worth a watch though eh,
    •  slomoslomo
    • Anybody know a good loud support band for this show. Interest seems somewhat dismal.
    •  seansean
    • the icarus line are superb , i think they would play more but the guitarist is in nine inch nails
    •  slomoslomo
    • Which member is that???
    •  seansean
    • arron north
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • sean says:

arron north

Not anymore. North has his own band now, Jubilee
      Robin Finck is now the touring guitarist for NiN

Slomo - Wooderson are quite good, got a Dischord thing going on. I'd try them
    •  seansean
    • i am having a quick listen to jubilee at the moment
    •  slomoslomo
    • Wooderson - are they from Sheffield at all???

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - The Icarus Line anyone???