Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

CAPRICORNS FREE GIG TONIGHT!! Crobar!!!

•  MORRELLMORRELL
    • For all you london folk. Probably the last time you'll get to see em if your not roadburning it.:cry:
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Where is the Crobar, Tottenham Ct Road right?

And what time? I'm in London tonight with fuckall to do so this might be an option
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Yeah thats the one!! They're on at 8......I'm pretty much the same, and I figure if it is their last London gig and its free I might as well!!
    •  CareyCarey
    • a gig in crobar? that's insane. there's barely room for people...

although it was my second favourite place in all of london when i lived there.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Carey says:

a gig in crobar? that's insane. there's barely room for people...

Yeah they have a few gigs there...normally free ones: Scissorfight, Sourvein, Amon the Missing etc. I personally hate the place, its full of wankers, overpriced, worst toilets goin.....but yet I always end up drinking there. In its favour the jukebox is awesome.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • MORREL says:
      I figure if it is their last London gig and its free I might as well!!

Last gig as in they're splitting up or something? Bloody hope not.
    •  PetePete
    • Overpriced, up it's own arse, trendy, way too packed, arsey bouncers, rubbish toilets, expensive drinks, in London... but alright by me because it had Clutch on the jukebox and cocktails named after Kyuss songs when I went - Linda bought me a Demon Cleaner which was amazing.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • you should try the new intrepid fox...

now that's shite.

incidently, i'll be there upsetting folk with my big bag.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL

• "Last gig as in they're splitting up or something? Bloody hope not."

Thats what the word on the street is??? But to be honest I heard that they split months ago so who knows!!!

But I agree with Rich the crobar is like the ritz in comparison to the intrepid fox.....I hate rock bars!
    •  RamoRamo
    • Lucky london bastards! first time i saw Capricorns was in a tiny bar up here in Glasgow and they were beyond awesome. Gonna catch em at roadburn tho.

MORRELL says:

Probably the last time you'll get to see em

Have i missed something here??? What's all this talk of a last gig?
    •  PetePete
    • I read about the split recently, can't remember where - something to do with Dean moving to North America I think, but don't rely on that info.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i love the fact that rock bars assume that we don't need to sit down to take a shit. or indeed shit in private in the first place.

they should just install a communal trough to accept our waste and be done with it.

i remember a place in newport, i had to jam the door closed with my swiss army knife, ray mears style. i felt amazing for doing that.
    •  JackJack
    • I like The Big Red
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • I go to Crobar occasionally, for a couple after work on a Thursday because it's only £1.50 for a beer, but it's pretty empty then, it's cheap, and I can put Vitus on the jukebox. As soon as it fills up, it's a total shithole that needs concreting up.

But, as others have mentioned, it's MILES better than the new Fox.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I'm the king. I like to go here.

The Star
    •  OllieOllie
    • slack mammoth says:

I go to Crobar occasionally, for a couple after work on a Thursday because it's only £1.50 for a beer, but it's pretty empty then, it's cheap, and I can put Vitus on the jukebox. As soon as it fills up, it's a total shithole that needs concreting up.

But, as others have mentioned, it's MILES better than the new Fox.

Surely anywhere that has Vitus on the jukebox should be revered as a national landmark regardless how big it is or the toilet quality.
    •  RamoRamo
    • Last time i was there it had Iron Monkey on the jukebox aswell.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Carey says:

Which was the best?
    •  mikemike
    • I'm glad they are splitting to be honest, when they played up here with Lair Of The Minotaur it was the most boring gig ever after sunny republic and brenda finished, Capricorns aren't even the same band it was the american chap with a load of mates and even the old stuff sounded weak, they were awesome a few years ago, that first EP and the album were incredible but its good to see the end, as far as I'm concerned it died when Dean left.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Tom P says:

Carey says:

Which was the best?

i liked the old intrepid fox. but only really because the kerrang stoner/doom crew used to go there before gigs. the only high points in my horrible london life... :cry:

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - CAPRICORNS FREE GIG TONIGHT!! Crobar!!!