Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Band Of Horses this Fri at the Leadmill!

•  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Anyone going?
    •  mikemike
    • I found out about it after it sold out which is SHIT as it would have been amazing in there.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Errrrrrrrrrr yeah but we're going to Supersonic Mike. SUPERSONIC.
    •  mikemike
    • Duh! Course!
    •  AlecAlec
    • argh dont remind me, wanted to see them so much

band of horses > everything at supersonic :P
    •  mikemike
    • I think Supersonic wins through having a load of amazing bands.

Plus they are saying this is the last time Harvey Milk will ever tour, and if not, probably the last time they play this country, I'm seeing them twice!
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Harvey Milk clash with Battles. What's that shit all about?
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Just noticed that the Sheffield gig goers facebook group are doing a giveaway for a Band of Horses ticket.

Join the group, might be worth it.
    •  AlecAlec
    • JenTheHen says:

Just noticed that the Sheffield gig goers facebook group are doing a giveaway for a Band of Horses ticket.

i would but i'm gonna be down south for it, but cheers for the heads up! can i have that westwood dress now please? its getting late and the girl is getting impatient...
    •  GarethGareth
    • JenTheHen says:

Harvey Milk clash with Battles. What's that shit all about?

Well on the one hand, you've got Battles. And on the other, you've got a band who aren't Battles and might be worth watching.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Alec says:

JenTheHen says:

Just noticed that the Sheffield gig goers facebook group are doing a giveaway for a Band of Horses ticket.

i would but i'm gonna be down south for it, but cheers for the heads up! can i have that westwood dress now please? its getting late and the girl is getting impatient...

Ah no worries. As for the dress, I told you to take it on the way out. It was a one-day offer only. Tut tut.

Gareth says:

Well on the one hand, you've got Battles. And on the other, you've got a band who aren't Battles and might be worth watching.

101 ways to be wrong, eh G?

1. Not moving in with me and Carey
      2. Saying the above
      3. Saying the above when I still have your Band of Brothers DVDs

There will be more I'm sure...
    •  MatthewRedStarsMatthewRedStars
    • Right..... Band Of Horses?

I heard them on the radio and they sounded like Nickleback but people whose taste i respect proper love them.... have i made a mistake?
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • MatthewRedStars says:

Right..... Band Of Horses?

I heard them on the radio and they sounded like Nickleback but people whose taste i respect proper love them.... have i made a mistake?

You have.

Listen again.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Good man.

And Nickelback? Eeeeeeeeeeeh?
    • Maybe it was just Nickleback.

But i remember thinking 'this sounds like Nickleback'.

ANYWAY.

Do you have Virgin tele? They have The Corner on catchup TV. It was a precursor to the Wire, low budget but the acting/script/vibe is there.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I would say more a catchy hybrid of the Shins/Death Cab.

I do not have Virgin television. I thought that was just for virgins?

I have 4 channels and a couple of bad reception Freeview channels. It's good though because I get plenty of Airline which is like the best thing on telly ever.

Carey has mentioned this Corner programe I believe....oh well, guess I'll just have to wonder!

I'm on Season 4 of The Wire now. Not sure I will do when it's all finished...
    • You'll survive!

Season 5 ends things well, some happy endings, some very sad!
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Say no more.
    •  slomoslomo
    • EVERYONE SHOULD BE AT ARNOCORPS!!!

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Band Of Horses this Fri at the Leadmill!