Karma To Burn
      Moss
      Mouth of the Architect
      Master Musicians of Bukkake
      Altar of Plagues
      Yakuza

I'm so going next year.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • Provided I get a ticket, I will be there. Hotel room already booked.
    •  JackJack
    • oooo sooo exciting!
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • More confirmed:

Moss
      Brant Bjork & The Bros
      Karma To Burn
      Mouth of the Architect
      Master Musicians of Bukkake
      Altar of Plagues
      Yakuza
      Thorr’s Hammer
    •  mambamamba
    • I'm thinking of getting a jungalow this year. I've been emailing the campsite about it. Looks like it would cost about £420 for a whole week (Monday to Monday) split between 4-6 people.
    •  JackJack
    • I'd be up for that, I also know Aaron is wanting to come again, with gf probably. If everyone gets tickets
    •  mambamamba
    • I suggested to a mate he come and we both take our girlfriends and they can stay at the campsite and go fishing, shopping, safari parking etc while we go rocking. Suffice to say... it is not him that needs the convincing.

I'm trying to find out if its possible to book a jungalow as close to the entrance as possible, as it was a bit of a trek from the bus when we stayed in that static caravan thing, wasn't it Jack.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Sounds good.

jug-a-low
    •  JackJack
    • mamba says:
      I suggested to a mate he come and we both take our girlfriends and they can stay at the campsite and go fishing, shopping, safari parking etc while we go rocking. Suffice to say... it is not him that needs the convincing.

I'm trying to find out if its possible to book a jungalow as close to the entrance as possible, as it was a bit of a trek from the bus when we stayed in that static caravan thing, wasn't it Jack.

hah yeah was a bit of a trek, especially after a whole day of getting battered
    •  mambamamba
    • Just had an email back from the campsite that they've changed things this year. The jungalows have to be booked through Roadburn rather than through the campsite. Probably an improvement - especially if it means you can book it for Thursday to Monday rather than having to book a whole week.
    •  JackJack
    • Shrinebuilder confirmed. Thought that could be the case
    •  alanalan
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      Shrinebuilder confirmed. Thought that could be the case

Yup. Makes it mighty tempting.
    •  JackJack
    • tickets will go so quick now though, thats the only worry
    •  JackJack
    • They've announced more, but its all metal/black metal/doomy stuff, I'd like to know who the rock side is represented by , must be more to come
    •  welshchriswelshchris
    • Well I've booked my flight and hotel.. It'll be my first roadburn, looking foward to it. The chance to see goatsnake was the deal sealer for me.
    •  JemDooMJemDooM
    • Wow thanks for the heads up on House of Broken Promises! We have our hotel booked and will book flights next month :) Im gonna be insane on the day the tickets go on sale, gotta get them aahhh!! the line up is like all my dreams of heavyness come true, and the fest itself is always awesome, every minute of it, even when your not totally into the band your watching, you can wander around between rooms in the awesome atmosphere, be high as hell, enjoy the beer, awesome company, even just all the equip, lighting, visuals, and the building itself is amazing just to check out, theres loads to see and do :)

j
      x
    •  OllieOllie
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      I'd be up for that, I also know Aaron is wanting to come again, with gf probably. If everyone gets tickets

Molly's lovely!!!!
    •  mambamamba
    • roadburn says:
      As you all may have noticed, the line-up for Roadburn Festival 2010 has been shaping up nicely. In addition to the bands previously announced, we are very happy to announce the following acts:

ASTRA
      Majestic psychedelic prog rock by this American band on Rise Above Records. Believe it or not, San Diego’s Astra isn’t some obscure band from the early 70s finally getting their due, and The Weirding wasn’t excavated from any long-lost archives. Although it could arguably pass as a prized relic from another era, this cosmic album was released earlier this year. We at Roadburn are really looking forward to hosting the psychedelic-prog sounds of Astra.

BONG
      Sunn 0))) meets Sleep? Hawkwind jamming with Ravi Shankar? All that and more: meet Bong.

CHURCH OF MISERY
      Making their third appearance in row at the festival, it looks like Japan’s serial-killer-obsessed seekers of the almighty riff Church of Misery are poised to become the latest Roadburn house band. All joking aside, Church of Misery were among THE highlights of the previous Roadburn festivals (both the Bat Cave and Green Room proved way to small for them), and Roadburn 2010 will mark their triumphant return, this time on stage in the 600-capacity Midi Theatre.
      “Friends!
      We are incredibly excited to announce that we’ll be bothering you once again at the beloved Roadburn festival. It’s three years running for us now, and believe us, we know how lucky we are to have been asked back again. It’s not only one of the greatest bunches of people in the world to play for, but also one of the best places in the world see the bands we want to see, and to meet our friends from around the world. Both times we’ve played before have been incredibly special for us, and we’ll be laying down our souls for rock ‘n’ roll again for you in 2010. LET THERE BE DOOM!!!” – Tom – Church Of Misery

FATSO JETSON
      One of the most consistently adventurous and entertaining desert rock bands of the last 20 years, Fatso Jetson is as unpretentious as the California desert is wide. Instead of just going with the groove for the sake of grooving, Fatso Jetson expound on it in many different ways. Sometimes they go completely against the grain just to emphasize when they are in the pocket, while other times the flow is there but the heaviness of the instrumentation obscures it.
      This is true desert rock. You hear what makes Mario Lalli and Josh Homme tick, and wonder what on earth they put in the water out there in Palm Desert to grow such interesting guitarists and bands.

THE GATES OF SLUMBER
      The Gates of Slumber’s sound is a throwback to the old school doom laden sounds of the grandfathers of heavy metal, offering brooding yet gargantuan (doom) metal, epic tunes and sinister dirge-heavy work. A strong addition to Roadburn 2010!
      “We are happy to be invited to play the now legendary Roadburn Festival, and we are looking forward to coming back to Holland!” -Karl Simon, The Gates of Slumber

HORISONT
      If you like the heavy 70s, you’ll certainly dig Sweden’s Horisont. They excel at creating old school, bluesy hard rock, influenced by the likes of Blue Cheer, Black Sabbath and November. The fact that half of the lyrics are sung in Swedish and English adds to band’s appeal. Horisont’s debut album, Tva Sidor av Horisonten (Two Sides of Horisont) easily ranks among the very best stoner rock albums of 2009, and is sure to win over lots of new fans.

KYLESA
      Headed by the very capable duo of guitarists and vocalists Laura Pleasants and Phillip Cope, Savannah quintet Kylesa bursts out the gate with a roar, melding psychedelic sludge with catchy rhythms that do not let up until their captivating live show is over.

ØRESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE
      The Øresund Space Collective is a totally improvised space rock band from Copenhagen and southern Sweden. The membership is changing all the time and features members from Danish bands Gas Giant, SumoSun, Mantric Muse and Swedish bands The Carpet Knights, Sgt. Sunshine, Bland Bladen, Siena Root, and Drahk von Trip. The band are all about finding a groove and creating psychedelic space rock music within this framework. They always have at least two guitar players and two synthesizer players plus bass and drums.

The band records and releases all their concerts for free to the fans. The band has released 5 CDs and will have it’s first vinyl album out in late 2009. A new CD will be released on Transubstans in April 2010 in time for their appearance at Roadburn.

THE WOUNDED KINGS
      UK Doom band The Wounded Kings, hailing from the legendary bleakness of Dartmoor, awakened by a tarot prophecy, merge Britain’s occult heritage with the fragile spirit of the human condition. They aim to produce a unique blend of spectral doom and psychedelic horror.
      Originally a studio project they now crash onto the scene with a killer live unit to initiate the masses into a bottomless pit of suffocating heaviness. Original concepts derive from Edgar Allan Poe, Dante’s Inferno, Milton’s Paradise Lost and obscure occult mysteries; they combine to create a greater understanding of otherworlds…

Stay tuned to this space for more news, such as additional band announcements, and the one you’ve all been waiting for, the official date that pre-sales begin for tickets!
    •  JackJack
    • Fatso Jetson!
    •  mambamamba
    • I'm still waiting for the ROCK. Although Fatso Jetson would be pretty cool.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Roadburn 2010