Menu

Forums - General Chat

Courgette recipes

•  PetePete
    • I've not grown as much as normal in my garden, largely because I've been DIY'ing inside, not outside, but I have got some carrots going and a tub of courgettes, which are coming on nicely.

Some of the latter are ready now - anyone got any good (veggie) recipes that use courgettes?
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • potato, goats cheese and courgette fritters
      serve with a mint and yoghurt dressing
      [Edited by Hopkins at 19:23 on 23/07/13]
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Ahh... courgettes. I remember being overwhelmed with dozens of them when I started my allotment.

I ended using a load to make soup:
      Fry a large chopped onion and 2 cloves of crushed garlic in olive oil until the onion is transluscent then add 1KG couregttes (chopped as small as you can be bothered...).
      Lower heat and cook through gently for about 20 mins. Add vegetable stock and salt/pepper to taste, carry on heating slowly until it's the consistency/ thickness you like. Up to you if you want to keep it chunky or blend it and make it smooth.
      One batch of this I added a couple of parsnips and carrots too which was nice.
    •  mikemike
    • If you fry strips of it until they are blackened a bit on the fleshy side, it goes really well in a carbonara, minus the ham/bacon for veggies but you could just use summats else to replace it if that's a problem. Jamie Oliver does a good version where I got this idea from.
    •  PetePete
    • I use veggie bacon or ham in my carbonaras.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to make one of them soon.
    •  CareyCarey
    • I mean I will go and buy some, not try to make the cake without!
    •  mambamamba
    • We do a pasta thing with creme fraiche, cheese, bacon and courgette. I guess it's a bit like carbonara but cheesier.
    •  mikemike
    • I make this amazing beetroot chocolate fudge cake. We need to do a ninehertz bake sale or something.
    •  Sam-O)))Sam-O)))
    • OOOOH!!! 9HTZ BAKE SALE!!!!
    •  mikemike
    • Might do something like this at MADE.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • "Mike MADE a cake". Good conversation starter.

Forums - General Chat - Courgette recipes