Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Desertfest - spare ticket

•  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Ey up, just guessing this is the best place to mention... got a spare Desertfest ticket I'm hoping to shift for £70 ono.

If you want it or know someone that does, PM me. Cheers 9hz.
    •  lyndoomlyndoom
    • Yes please!
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • whos off to this then? I will be there so say hello
    •  PetePete
    • And for those that are going, have you made your stage time decisions yet? I was doing it hypothetically and it was hard to choose!
    •  JackJack
    • I'm there, projecting in the Electric Ballroom on Saturday and Sunday, helping with some filming on Friday
    • I'm going :) cheers to Mamba for hooking me up with Lyndon to sell the ticket to!

Yeah Pete, there are some toughies. Cough/Colour Haze and Unida/Wodensthrone/Ufommamut being the big decisions. Just going to have to roll with it.

Will see ya there Jack!

Chris, PM'd you if you fancy a pint?

Shit, can't wait now!
    •  PetePete
    • How was it?
    •  JackJack
    • It was epic! I enjoyed the hell out of Unida, Naam, Colour Haze, Lowrider etc and I still don't quite get Truckfighters music, though they put on an amazing live show
    •  mambamamba
    • Friday and Saturday was great - Kadavar and Unida highlights for me. I was feeling it a bit by Sunday, but Truckfighters was fun.

Of the heavier stuff which isn't so much my thing, I must say I enjoyed Gurt and Sea Bastard.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • The electic ballroom/jazz cafe where much better than the 3rd venue last year!

Hex-vessel where one of my highlights, having not had not even heard them before seeing them

•  JackJack
    • Oh Yeah Kadavar were a real treat, very heavy live
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • yeah i really enjoyed seeing the guy at the side of the stage trying to stop them finishing the last song, when the overrun.
    • Brilliant time. Highlights for me were Pentagram, Wo Fat, Dyse and obviously Yawning Man and Fatso Jetson were a real treat on the Friday night.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Leigh was sick...lolz
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • All the LOLZ!

Yeah I had an amazing weekend! Highlights were Dyse's hilarity, Fatso Jetson's humility, Unida's legendaryness, The Shrine's silliness, Dozer's killer setlist and Bongripper flattening the living shit out of everything.

Was awesome to hang out with Mamba, Jack and Mazz's mahogany forehead.
    •  PetePete
    • I've never seen Dyse, love them on record - how were they specifically?
    • Really like Beehoover, telling stories, but more light hearted and funny. Fucking rocked too!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • It was like watching two stand-up comedians who were also quite adept at playing short 3-minute Tool-meets-Boris-meets-Jackson5 hybrids. Bought a CD and can honestly say that it manages to take in everything from stoner rock, to avant-garde jazz, to electro. The banter between the two guys was hilarious!
    •  mambamamba
    • Just remembered Crystal Head. Really liked them. I'm sure I've seen them before but were distinctly less memorable.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Desertfest - spare ticket