Menu

Forums - General Chat

Fantasy Footie 2009/10

•  90dayman90dayman
    • Yes, it's almost that time again. One weekend to go till lot's of lovely footie is back on telly.

Here's the code to join the renewed Ninehertzership League on the official Premier League Fantasy Football site here.

Code: 780366-163199

Enjoy. :D
    •  RamoRamo
    • Nice, i'll have to think about this though. Chelsea have the easiest start, man city are wildly unpredictable, micheal owen might actually start scoring goals regularly again and without losing any more big names liverpool/arsenal may be serious title contenders.
    •  theadoretheadore
    • I picked my team and I have 3 Fulham players - at christmas when i'm wondering where it all went wrong - this is where.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Well Ive spunked all my money on 2 forwards, 3 midfielders, 1 defender and 1 goalkeeper, the rest are merely drippy ends to make up the numbers. Although I made sure to pick the cheapskates that didnt do to badly for me last year cos I have faith in their abilities ;)
      Lets see how that works out...
      [Edited by Laddeth at 17:33 on 03/08/09]
    •  EggyEggy
    • theadore says:
      I picked my team and I have 3 Fulham players - at christmas when i'm wondering where it all went wrong - this is where.

I have 3 fulham players and 3 from stoke.

My strikerforce is shit, agbonlahor, fuller and zamora, the latter two are on the bench however.

I'm in charge of the one at work this season. There's about 5 people who wish to join but can't afford the £10 entry fee at present. They've got the next two weeks to pay up or else.
    •  alanalan
    • I just signed up. I think my teams ok, but I haven't gone for any of the usual big names like Gerrard or Lampard. Basically I've done the opposite of what my housemate advised, but we shall see I guess.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • I went for an Anelka, Rhobinio partnership which was like hmmm quarter of my funds haha.
      It better fucking pay off this year, I seemed to have them in and out my squad all last year and of course when they were out, theyd fucking score a ton :P
    •  EggyEggy
    • that's usually the case. I've got both Lampard and gerrard in my midfield, plus Barry and matt taylor, oh and phil neville.
    •  alanalan
    • Eggy says:
      that's usually the case. I've got both Lampard and gerrard in my midfield, plus Barry and matt taylor, oh and phil neville.

Phil Neville looks like he could be quite a bargain. My more expensive ones are Arshavin and Kuyt, Took a possible gamble on Eduardo too. Fingers crossed!
    •  EggyEggy
    • i'm using the same approach as last season.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I've also created a private head to head league at work between all of us. Should add more excitement to the season.
    •  CareyCarey
    • I will be in shortly. Waiting for the Guardian season guide on Monday before I pick my players. I do intend to win after coming so close last season. :)
    •  EggyEggy
    • we'll see about that :D
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • alan says:
      Phil Neville looks like he could be quite a bargain. My more expensive ones are Arshavin and Kuyt, Took a possible gamble on Eduardo too. Fingers crossed!

I went for Arshavin after his antics at the end of last seaon, If only I'd have had the funds to get him then :(
      Kuyt was a good points scorer for me last season to so he made the cut this season.
      I went for Eduardo for a while but he never fucking played so got binned
      [Edited by Laddeth at 22:20 on 08/08/09]
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Not worth of startiung a new thread but most fitting of this one...

Today as I filled the van with diesel, who should be at the pump next to me?
      Only Gareth Southgate.
      He walked by me when I was finished paying, was gonna shake his hand and wish him luck (but not against Leicester obviously) but bottled it and just gave him a manly nod.
    •  CareyCarey
    • 41 points so far, not a bad start to the first weekend. My hunch that Fabregas might make a last-ditch attempt to impress other clubs before the transfer window closes looks like it's paid off.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Carey says:
      41 points so far, not a bad start to the first weekend. My hunch that Fabregas might make a last-ditch attempt to impress other clubs before the transfer window closes looks like it's paid off.

I bloody hope not!! Little bastard played brillaint for me yesterday!!
    •  EggyEggy
    • Carey says:
      41 points so far, not a bad start to the first weekend. My hunch that Fabregas might make a last-ditch attempt to impress other clubs before the transfer window closes looks like it's paid off.

41 points for me too. Gameweek2 should be interesting, starting tonight, 8 teams have no games so hopefully my forward planning should pay off, however all of my defence are playing away, and i've still made 4 points worth of transfers to try and improve things as 41 points was below the average.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Week one...........bugger
    •  EggyEggy
    • ditto.

Week 2, probably also bugger.

Forums - General Chat - Fantasy Footie 2009/10