Menu

Forums - General Chat

New Site

•  Amy BAmy B
    • Podge says:

i'm a perfectionist when other people have to do the work, for example the green of the ninehertz logo and the green of the main menu are 1 shade different, plus some times the main menu is a couple of pixels to the right longer than the logo meaning there is a little step in the site

The colour is fixed now, and hopefully that'll have sorted the menu going a couple of pixels out, tho i couldn't replicate this so not sure - let me know.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Ben says:
      Eggy says:
      ...does the search engine search the forum...

No, not at the moment. It will do some point soon, once the more major bugs have been cleared.

Eggy says:
      Also do threads on this forum get deleted after 3 months like on the old one or has that changed now?

They will do but I haven't written that part yet. Although thinking about it the main reason we did that was because the hosting we had at the time only let us have a certain amount of space for the database, so I wrote the script to trim it down so we wouldn't go over it. Nowadays we have a lot more space and control over the hosting so we could probably get away without it for now. That said, the less that's in a database the faster it will be so there's arguments for and against.

would it be better to have a limit but something greater than 3 months, say 6 months or a year. It's useful when backtracking about certain things like gigs or whatever

... that said a limit is useful when saying things that comeback to haunt like moans and groans about people.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • quote:
      ... that said a limit is useful when saying things that comeback to haunt like moans and groans about people.

You mean you all don't love me all the time :argh:
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • At the risk of being shouted at for moaning- there are definitely not enough posts per page or threads per page, so you can see a decent spread of whats been recently happening. It's off-putting, and I think most people feel like this!? I was trying to love the new set-up, but I can't!

Sorry people.
    •  -James-James
    • I'm fat and unpleasant, can we do anything about this?
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • J Parker says:
      At the risk of being shouted at for moaning- there are definitely not enough posts per page or threads per page, so you can see a decent spread of whats been recently happening. It's off-putting, and I think most people feel like this!? I was trying to love the new set-up, but I can't!

Sorry people.

hold in ctrl and scroll up 1 notch with your mouse wheel
      see if that helps for starters
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • With a Mac?
    •  PetePete
    • J Parker says:
      At the risk of being shouted at for moaning- there are definitely not enough posts per page or threads per page, so you can see a decent spread of whats been recently happening. It's off-putting, and I think most people feel like this!? I was trying to love the new set-up, but I can't!

Sorry people.

The option to choose the number of posts per page is one of the planned features that will be added soon.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Ah, sweet. I've been away from the internet for just over a week and come back to find 9hz all overhauled! I quite like the new style, it's alright. Was a bit dismayed that the option to view all posts on a single page has been disabled but as soon as it's back I'll be happy as Larry. I love how the reviews and news items have discussion space below too, that kicks ass. I'm getting some minor buggage, when opening posts it sometimes takes me to a random page, but when it's running smoothly it'll be a vast improvement over the old site.
    •  noonenoone
    • -James says:
      I'm fat and unpleasant, can we do anything about this?

you could stand next to me for a bit and it'll all seem hunky dory.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Right, after a few weeks I'm liking the new site. It's a lot less cluttered and the new features like the comments below the news/reviews is great.
    •  noonenoone
    • how long has it been anyway?
      about 2 weeks or something?
    •  PetePete
    • We launched it two weeks ago tomorrow, on the 31st July 08.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Gareth says:
      Right, after a few weeks I'm liking the new site. It's a lot less cluttered and the new features like the comments below the news/reviews is great.

agree. The comments below the reviews is miles better.
    •  StockyStocky
    • Podge says:
      there is a lot of unneeded hatred for this site. mainly from people who only come on here once in a blue moon.

hows about you go and build your own?

there are a few issues to be ironed out but overall its a far better SITE. its not just a forum, its now a whole site. something that's been needed for a long while.

although I'm far more grumpy than either Ben or Amy, I'd have got pissed off with the lack of support from you lot, told you to stuff it and deleted the whole thing, new and old and left you all to it.

think your selves lucky

how about a little support?

It was only an opinion. Thats all. Maybe the reason I don't post so much anymore, is because certain individuals jump down my throat everytime I do.

Plus just cos i don't comment, doesn't mean I don't still come and look.

Sorry.
    •  PodgePodge
    • that was a general comment and not one aimed specifically at you.

Forums - General Chat - New Site