Menu

Forums - General Chat

I have home internet!

•  PetePete
    • It's only taken me a day short of 7 months in my new flat to sort out, but at last I have home internet access!

Woohoo! All the new things I can do...

- Hear new music by bands on these forums that I have been meaning to for an age, like White Fang (just finished) and Invasion (on now).

- Watch music vids, cricket clips and silly chipmunk clips on YouTube.

- Spam upcoming ninehertz gigs more frequently and effectively, get better at reviewing for the site, and sorting reviewers out with CDs, and updating the news and live dates section of the main site constantly.

- And finally waste hours doing absolutely fuck all on Facebook.
    •  CareyCarey
    • woo. welcome to the world of tomorrow.
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Pete says:

It's only taken me a day short of 7 months in my new flat to sort out, but at last I have home internet access!

Woohoo! All the new things I can do...

- Hear new music by bands on these forums that I have been meaning to for an age, like White Fang (just finished) and Invasion (on now).

- Watch music vids, cricket clips and silly chipmunk clips on YouTube.

- Spam upcoming ninehertz gigs more frequently and effectively, get better at reviewing for the site, and sorting reviewers out with CDs, and updating the news and live dates section of the main site constantly.

Cool :)

Dunno about Facebook, although have heard Hoffspace is the new place to be!
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • I still haven't got the internet, 14 months after moving into my house.
    •  PodgePodge
    • slack mammoth says:
      I still haven't got the internet, 14 months after moving into my house.

i don't even know what the internet is.

welcome back Pete
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Pete's a bummer.

I'm gonna stalk you now.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • My home internet is getting done on Thursday. That will make my miserable existence in my new dwelling that bit more bearable (turns out i'm more a lodger that an independent tenant and my grumpy old landlords won't let me have friends or my girlfriend stay overnight, which considering my girlfriend lives in Cheshire, is a bit shit.).
    •  EggyEggy
    • Pete says:

That's what my life has become.

I drove to worksop today, i felt awkward, in fact i felt like one of the fritzl kids that had never seen daylight.
    •  noonenoone
    • Pete you noob.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Rob Himself says:

My home internet is getting done on Thursday. That will make my miserable existence in my new dwelling that bit more bearable (turns out i'm more a lodger that an independent tenant and my grumpy old landlords won't let me have friends or my girlfriend stay overnight, which considering my girlfriend lives in Cheshire, is a bit shit.).

How the hell can they monitor guests staying overnight?
    •  PodgePodge
    • a lot of the places i looked at in my first year had a "no overnight guests" rule.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • ultimatekev says:

Pete you noob.

Someone's got a new word!
    • That'll learn you for your "testing the thickness of the walls" the other day. Clearly, they don't want a repeat performance of you yelling Simon Schama quotes in higher and higher voices while the bed hammers out a beat on the wall.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • slack mammoth says:

That'll learn you for your "testing the thickness of the walls" the other day. Clearly, they don't want a repeat performance of you yelling Simon Schama quotes in higher and higher voices while the bed hammers out a beat on the wall.

I'd got for the Patrick Bateman approach and admire myself in the mirror
    •  noonenoone
    • JenTheHen says:

ultimatekev says:

Pete you noob.

somebodys a patronising know - it - all.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • ultimatekev says:

JenTheHen says:

ultimatekev says:

Pete you noob.

somebodys a patronising know - it - all.

Who? I'll have a word for you...
    • I think I'd have a bit of a job trying to smuggle my girlfriend into the flat. Anyway Nick, it's Starkey, not Schama. Schama does nothing for me. Schama, schmama.
    • Hopkins says:

Even if you were blessed with Rob's svelte frame?
    • slack mammoth says:

Hopkins says:

Even if you were blessed with Rob's svelte frame?

More fishcake than beefcake.
    •  PetePete
    • Best things I have found for the first time since getting internet at home are a video of John Garcia kissing Scott Reeder and a picture of Beehoover stood with a wheelbarrow. Best things I have re-found are memories of Roadburn this year in the forms of videos and pictures - that was a truly special time.

Forums - General Chat - I have home internet!