Menu

Forums - General Chat

Stuff to do in London

•  mambamamba
    • I'm being taken out for dinner in London on Saturday, and we're going to make a day of it. Hit me with ideas of fun stuff to do... museum, tourist attraction, nice pub ideas all welcome.
    •  OllieOllie
    • The British museum is awesome...you can easily lose a day there. I spent about 2 hours there and only really covered the Japanese exhibit and the Egyptian stuff...but then I'm a history geek.

Covent Garden is pretty good, lots going on, very vibrant and plenty of good places to eat...quite crowded though. My dad's girlfriend's daughter and her boyfriend run a cafe there that does a mean paella.
    •  mambamamba
    • British Museum is on the maybe list. Don't think I've ever been there - if I have it was as a kid and I don't remember it.
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • British and Natural History are both really good.

I'm a sucker for stuff like the London Eye but it costs.

Tate Modern is ok. The Saatchi is awesome and it's not so big that you get bored.
    •  MazzMazz
    • The girl on the right with ginger hair in my holiday snaps (the one with the three CHIX) works at the Bristish Museum. She is soooooo lucky.
    •  JackJack
    • Should be some markets on as well. The Serpentine etc in Hyde Park is good for a walk around. Highgate Cemetery is awesome and the Flask pub in Highgate village does greta food, like a gastro pub
    •  OllieOllie
    • WickedWesticle says:
      British and Natural History are both really good.

I'm a sucker for stuff like the London Eye but it costs.

Tate Modern is ok. The Saatchi is awesome and it's not so big that you get bored.

Yeah the Natural History is cool...and the building itself is amazing if you take the time to have a look at that. The good thing about the museums is they're free.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Natural history museum is fantastic.
      I'd give Madame Tussaud's a miss; very disappointing in my experience.
      I always try to visit Hamleys as well when I'm in the crapital shitty. Loads of ace Lego and Scalextric to get nostalgic and dewey eyed over.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • national war museum by waterloo is amazing
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • tattoo convention on at tobacco dock this weekend.
    •  JackJack
    • Yeah mamba get inked
    •  OllieOllie
    • Jack says:
      Yeah mamba get inked

Yeah Mamba get inked just like Jack!!! ;)
    •  JackJack
    • haha I'm trying to encourage others to jump before me
    •  mambamamba
    • Hahah no thanks. I go through phases. I'm currently in a 'not getting inked' phase.
    • come on mamba...catch me whilst i'm still sexy. and free. i guess mainly free.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • Borough Market gets my vote!
      nearest tube; London Bridge

after wandering through Borough Market (and tasting yum yums) you can walk along the river to the Tate Modern, via quite a few riverside pubs.
      at the Tate Modern, either continue along the south side of the river to the South Bank - good for just walking along the river, lots to see and hear, and then eventually get to the London Eye.
      OR at the Tate Modern cross the "wobbly bridge" to St Pauls - make your way to the west end via the city.

have a lovely time, and happy belated birthday!
    • ms tinnitus says:
      Borough Market gets my vote!
      nearest tube; London Bridge

hell yeah! i always stuff my guts and buy nothing.
    •  mambamamba
    • I like the sound of that. It's a definite option.
    •  mikemike
    • Me and Linda spent a good few days there last year, went to the Tate Modern (brilliant, but way too much to see in a day), walked around Trafalgar Square and then all around Buckingham Palace (really nice walk if its nice) see the pelicans in St James' Park. We went out to see a show for cheap by getting tickets from that half price office in the middle of the west end, good shit.

Forums - General Chat - Stuff to do in London