Menu

Forums - General Chat

Bonk Holiday

•  BiledriverBiledriver
    • Bit early for the weekend thread but I'm going to London for the long weekend and wondered if there was anything cool going on? Thursday it's the amazing BLACK ANGELS but other than that, any ideas?

What are the rest of you beard fans up to?
    •  MazzMazz
    • A nice easy one

friday nite = go into Bradford-on-avon town for ale
      Sat = Potter about the house, parents coming down in the eve for dinner
      Sunday = Get the train into bath and have window shop then meet chums for sunday ale.
      Monday = More potter
    •  mambamamba
    • Reading Festival for me. I can't face camping this year, so taking the old man option of getting the train each day.
    •  BiledriverBiledriver
    • Make an effort to see Black Angels, you'll love them.
    •  mambamamba
    • Yep probably. One of the few bands I want to see on Saturday. Although looks like they'll clash with The Get Up Kids.
    •  seansean
    • mamba says:
      Reading Festival for me. I can't face camping this year, so taking the old man option of getting the train each day.

I feel you point that finger , i have always liked the old man option .
      its was a lifetime ago , when i awoke wet , in a flooded field ,with tampoons floating by my tent ,...i hate camping.

Oh yes , have a good one, i retired from Reading Festival last year .
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Friday- day off work- play in the park w./ kids, sort out crap to sell on ebay, curry & pub in the evening, drunken fumbling and a smack in the chops from my other half.

Saturday- shopping and snooping round Brum... records, books, maybe a shirt. Beer in the evening at an old fart's pub discussing the day's football scores,drunken fumbling and a smack in the chops from my other half.

Sunday- swimming with the kids, cook big dinner, band practice, pub discussing band practice, talk about obscure TV comedy and zombie films, world domination, drunken fumbling and a smack in the chops from my other half.

Monday- sleep, toast&marmite, all 3 Star Wars films (the real ones of course), long walk with dog across empty countryside, sober fumbling and a smack in the chops from my other half.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Going to see Love Never Dies - the Phantom of the Opera sequel with Kirst at some point, could be good, could be ballsacks.

No other planzzzzzzzzzz.
    •  MazzMazz
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Going to see Love Never Dies - the Phantom of the Opera sequel with Kirst at some point, could be good, could be ballsacks.

No other planzzzzzzzzzz.

ha ha ha
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Biledriver says:
      Bit early for the weekend thread but I'm going to London for the long weekend and wondered if there was anything cool going on? Thursday it's the amazing BLACK ANGELS but other than that, any ideas?

I think it's an Astrohenge Unicorn special this Friday. In Camden/Kentish Town.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Yeah would have loved reading this year, but too far to bother on the train and seriously FUCK camping at reading.

Friday: nothing
      Saturday: make a gravel path
      Sunday: friends wedding
      Monday: hangover
      Tuesday: day off, koresh albums arrive!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • this is my final weekend of porking juggers before she flies off to south america, so i'll be doing that.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • I'm leaving the island for the weekend - going to Switzerland for a first visit. Very excited, hope to see lots of cows and eat a lot of cheese.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • WickedWesticle says:
      Biledriver says:
      Bit early for the weekend thread but I'm going to London for the long weekend and wondered if there was anything cool going on? Thursday it's the amazing BLACK ANGELS but other than that, any ideas?

Who's playing this week? I'm losing track!
    •  mikemike
    • I get to work the most pointless of pointless holidays now and have a real day off somewhere else, nice.
    •  PetePete
    • ms tinnitus says:
      I'm leaving the island for the weekend - going to Switzerland for a first visit. Very excited, hope to see lots of cows and eat a lot of cheese.

Brill - I've driven through and it looks amazing, everywhere. Have fun!

I'm mostly working, with only Sunday completely free. :(
    •  OllieOllie
    • Friday - jamming with the band...always a pleasure never a chore
      Saturday - hanging out, got Sarah's mum over so we'll entertain her...plus there's a visit to the tattooist to discuss Sarah's new tattoo ideas
      Sunday - Hitting Corby for an all dayer with Thunderhorse and Suns of Thunder...etc
      Monday - Lustleigh summer carnival!!!
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      WickedWesticle says:
      Biledriver says:

Who's playing this week? I'm losing track!

Astrohenge...

...I'll just let that one sink in...

....The Laze and someone else.
      [Edited by WickedWesticle at 08:00 on 25/08/10]
    •  JackJack
    • The Laze are amazing
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • ms tinnitus says:
      I'm leaving the island for the weekend - going to Switzerland for a first visit. Very excited, hope to see lots of cows and eat a lot of cheese.

i have the capital of switzerland tattooed on me, such is my love for toblerone, finishing school and "the shred". wo gehst du?

Forums - General Chat - Bonk Holiday