Menu

Forums - General Chat

I FINALLY GOT A HOUSE!!!

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • ...well, half a house... a flat!!

But yeah so damn excited! We have been looking for weeks, so glad to finally have roof over my head from the week after next! A London 9hz BBQ is in order!

We also now have a shed, which I am planning to convert into the SHED OF DOOO00OOM. Kirst gave me this idea and I intend to run with it... all the way to the bottom of the garden!

I think I will also have to start growing stuff in order to be as cool as the gardening 9hzers, like Donny and Pete. Watch this patch...
    •  MazzMazz
    • Congrats
    •  JohnJohn
    • Nice one! I'm at least 10+ years (or never) away from that, renting is ok I guess..
    •  BiledriverBiledriver
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      ...well, half a house... a flat!!

You should change your username to Tim Halfhouse.

And well done.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • cool cool Pete, happy days!!
    • John says:
      Nice one! I'm at least 10+ years (or never) away from that, renting is ok I guess..

We're renting too! Though the rent is high enough to make it feel mortgage-sized!

Cheers guys! I'm a bit excited...!
    •  JohnJohn
    • Yeah rent in London is mental. I miss the days of Sheffield when it was £42 a week including water.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • John says:
      Yeah rent in London is mental. I miss the days of Sheffield when it was £42 a week including water.

dude was that in, like, 1960?

i'm missing a fucking trick down here despite the fact my rent is "reasonable" in comparison to some of the diabolical liberties being taken in the same area.
    •  JohnJohn
    • Nope, was in 2006 in a nice area and walkable to city centre (room in 3 bed house). Some mates were paying like £35 a week in a slightly worse area (walkly), but still pretty nice and walkable to town!
    •  mikemike
    • At party central, a flat many of you stayed at (sure it was a shithole but it was home for two years) we paid £125 a month, all bills included, good times.
    • holy. fuck.

£530 per month for half a one bedroom flat and bills with my missus.
    •  teddystackerteddystacker
    • bad admiral says:
      holy. fuck.

You're paying for EVERYTHING then next time we meet
    • teddystacker says:
      bad admiral says:
      holy. fuck.

You're paying for EVERYTHING then next time we meet

EVERYTHING?
    •  mikemike
    • I must stress it was a 6-bed flat, so that was £125 each, but still, gas, water, electric combined, it was falling apart when we left but what a place.
    • bad admiral says:
      holy. fuck.

That's roughly where me and Kirst are at, if you exclude the word "half" from both the description and the fucking rent!
    •  JackJack
    • I need a lady, it brings the rent down, well not in Bad Admirals case, maybe
    •  OllieOllie
    • £750 a month mortgage for a 3 bedroom house in Devon...plus council tax, bills, home and contents insurance, life insurance (which you need to have a mortgage)...etc. I'm missing a trick somewhere!!!

I think what's Pete's trying to say...in a roundabout fashion...is that any band playing London now has somewhere to crash and he'll make you a fry up and a nice cup of tea in the morning!!!!
    •  mambamamba
    • Ollie says:
      £750 a month mortgage for a 3 bedroom house in Devon...plus council tax, bills, home and contents insurance, life insurance (which you need to have a mortgage)...etc. I'm missing a trick somewhere!!!

Yup, that's more like mine. Well a little bit less but then I only have a 1 and a half bedroom flat. I'm hoping to move up the ladder in the not too distant future though.

And yes, one of the top perks of a girlfriend is to help with the bills! ;)
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • I'm paying 385 for 1/4 of a 4 bed house in St Albans town centre. Everything included. It's pretty cheap for snoobans centre though. And it's owned by the church so I like to think that God is my landlord.
    •  OllieOllie
    • mamba says:
      Ollie says:
      £750 a month mortgage for a 3 bedroom house in Devon...plus council tax, bills, home and contents insurance, life insurance (which you need to have a mortgage)...etc. I'm missing a trick somewhere!!!

Yup, that's more like mine. Well a little bit less but then I only have a 1 and a half bedroom flat. I'm hoping to move up the ladder in the not too distant future though.

And yes, one of the top perks of a girlfriend is to help with the bills! ;)

One and a half bedrooms? So one bedroom and a large cupboard?

I have a wife to share costs...but I also have 2 children, one that costs £500 a month to send to a childminder!!! I'm also completely dumb as I moved out of Plymouth and now have a 70 mile a day roundtrip drive to work and back. On the plus side I have the sea 10 minutes one way and I'm right on the edge of the most beautiful part of Dartmoor so it makes it all worth it in the end.

Forums - General Chat - I FINALLY GOT A HOUSE!!!