Menu
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • I just got this, to be honest first few songs I wasn't won over, they seemed to be trying too hard to be faster, and it's not as expansive. But then Across the Shields came on- what a f u c k i n g s o n g !!!
    •  PodgePodge
    • i love it to bits, just waiting for the uber limited vinyl on robotic empire
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Podge says:

i love it to bits, just waiting for the uber limited vinyl on robotic empire

Im now won over totally. Amnesian might be the best song that has ever been written. And that includes classical music an shit
    •  PodgePodge
    • i love it start to finish. listening to it now
    •  PodgePodge
    • i think for me, it has to be Granades. just for the massive sing-along parts, they make me wanna drunkenly hug people and party
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • I'm giving this a bash for the first time in a while. It's alright, i guess.
    •  mambamamba
    • Across The Shields, Healer, Fat Waves, fuck it all of them are awesome. You may have noticed Torche have become my number 2 band overall on last.fm pretty much entirely based on repeated listening to this album over the last few weeks.
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • Sundown. Yes.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • someone ought to review it...:P
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • I still don't like it. Distinctly average next to their previous efforts.
    •  MarekMarek
    • Two or three super catchy tracks for me, the rest is a bit too poppy.

Will give it time though, should do well for them which is good.
    •  MarekMarek
    • Actually I am listening to it on repeat and it's pretty bloody amazing
    •  griefhoundgriefhound
    • Given how most of my favourite bands have released disappointing records recently - High on Fire, Boris, Electric Wizard spring to mind - this is a breath of fresh air. Fucking stone cold classic from start to end.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • It is pretty good innit. :O
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • NOT really like Foo Fighters thank god! Just cos it's melodic doesn't mean it's try-hard pop-metal in a Butlins stylee
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • J Parker says:

NOT really like Foo Fighters thank god! Just cos it's melodic doesn't mean it's try-hard pop-metal in a Butlins stylee

Exactly
      I'd class some of the Jesu stuff as poppy/melodic, or perhaps it's more uplifting

Anyway, this Torche album is fucking fantastic
    •  mambamamba
    • I haven't listened to it for at least 24 hours. I may have to rectify that!
    •  PodgePodge
    • i'm bucking (booking) the trend and listening it in return.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • i tend to play all 3 (In Return, s/t and Meanderthal) on wmp, then go back and start again. it's just easier.
    •  PetePete
    • this needs to be reviewed for ninehertz - any takers?

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - New Torche