Menu

Forums - General Chat

recommend me stuff to download please...

•  CareyCarey
    • today i am going to buy three or so albums to get me through the next two weeks of report writing hell. what shall i buy that isn't too noisy but also has riffs?
    •  PodgePodge
    • the new lanegan / cambell album is ace. very mellow but not what you might call riffs
    •  noonenoone
    • 'buy' and 'download' are two words which I never use together in a sentence.
      Unless I was to say '' why the fuck would anybody 'buy' this album when its free to 'download' this album ? ''
    •  PodgePodge
    • i love you kev, we should have a long talk about indie record labels
    •  CareyCarey
    • ultimatekev says:

'buy' and 'download' are two words which I never use together in a sentence.
      Unless I was to say '' why the fuck would anybody 'buy' this album when its free to 'download' this album ? ''

i would agree with you were this not my work computer. everything must be strictly legal and above board, i get checked on appropriate usage and everything.
    •  noonenoone
    • believe me , if I had any money, ever , my shelves would be groaning under the weight of indie label records in a variety of rare colours but if I ever actually want to hear new stuff or new stuff by bands I love I usually end up downloading it. This doesn't mean I won't ever buy it.
      Many is the time I have been cornered by 'underground music ' fans and been called on to defend this logic. I usually point out to them that they shop at Tesco and Primark.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Podge says:

the new lanegan / cambell album is ace. very mellow but not what you might call riffs

i probably will get that but it may be too wordy for accompanying writing.
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Podge says:

the new lanegan / cambell album is ace. very mellow but not what you might call riffs

Agreed! Cracking album! Dig just about everything Lanegan does - sheer awesome voice! Gutter Twins are at Leadmill on 27th August, think will be going to that. Lanegan was outstanding when he played Leadmill touring his "Bubblegum" album a few years back!
    •  PodgePodge
    • Smockboy25 says:
      Agreed! Cracking album! Dig just about everything Lanegan does - sheer awesome voice! Gutter Twins are at Leadmill on 27th August, think will be going to that. Lanegan was outstanding when he played Leadmill touring his "Bubblegum" album a few years back!

funnily enough most of this album is written by Cambell, Lanegan just sings this time round
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Podge says:

Smockboy25 says:

funnily enough most of this album is written by Cambell, Lanegan just sings this time round

Lanegan could sing just about anything & make it good....
    •  PodgePodge
    • Smockboy25 says:
      Lanegan could sing just about anything & make it good...

He's playing sheff soon, or maybe he just did that. i should check it out really as i want to see him again
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Podge says:

Smockboy25 says:
      Lanegan could sing just about anything & make it good...

He's playing sheff soon, or maybe he just did that. i should check it out really as i want to see him again

Yep, 27th of August @ Leadmill as The Gutter Twins with Greg Dullli, the "Saturnalia" is a good album and live should include a Screaming Trees, Lanegan solo track in the set too...
    •  PodgePodge
    • thats my tickets booked then
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Podge says:

thats my tickets booked then

Bargain at £13.50 a ticket too I think!
    •  PodgePodge
    • Brian was saying he was coming over twice, i cant remember what the second one was for
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Podge says:

Brian was saying he was coming over twice, i cant remember what the second one was for

Could be June 12th @ Manchester Academy with Isobel Campbell?
    •  JackJack
    • download debbie does dallas
    •  CareyCarey
    • Jack Dickinson says:

download debbie does dallas

might be a bit distracting...

Forums - General Chat - recommend me stuff to download please...