Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

What happened to Jecano?

•  PetePete
    • In the late 90's, I think, maybe early 00's, Jecano were one of the UK stoner bands who were up and coming - I heard of them regularly as ones to watch, and got a demo or two of theirs.

They played an all dayer in London, co-sponsored by ninehertz, and I got a t-shirt of theirs (wore it today, which made me think) and they sent an advance copy of their album 'Alright Ahead, Ahead Alright', which is brilliant.

Then, nothing - I don't even think the album was released. Any of you Londoners know what happened to them?
    •  mr bendy manmr bendy man
    • havnt heard anything from them either, but i got their ep monumentIII and it's awesome. so it'd be a shame if they just vanished.
    •  mambamamba
    • I bought their album, but had to email them to get it. Don't think they even played live since the release.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • on a related note

what happened to suns of thunder?
    •  mambamamba
    • Hopkins says:
      on a related note

what happened to suns of thunder?

Suns of Thunder says:
      Times are a changin! As most people already know, the rooster has flown the nest, big thanks to Roost for the last ten years. The tours, the riffs and the riders!
      We've have been writting n riffin for the next release. Just to let you guys know....We're still on it. We're getting it tight before it takes flight. Forthcoming release March/April 2012

I think Roost being Adam.
    •  JackJack
    • Last time I saw Jecano was at The Fiddlers Elbow a few years ago, not heard anything of them since. Suns Of Thunder played Loud Howls when I put that on, I talked to Greg not too long ago about maybe doing some gigs with them
    •  JackJack
    • I remember having a conversation with them after that Fiddlers Elbow gig and one of them used the expression 'next level' an awful lot, interesting fact that
    •  PetePete
    • Were you in a lift?
    •  OllieOllie
    • Heard of them but never heard them. Interesting though as "next level" usually means a step up not total obscurity.

We did play with Suns of Thunder in August 2010 at an all dayer in Corby...though we didn't get to see them play as they went on pretty late and we had to get going. Did chat to them a bit though. Shame they don't do more as they're easily one of my favourite UK bands.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Jack says:
      I remember having a conversation with them after that Fiddlers Elbow gig and one of them used the expression 'next level' an awful lot, interesting fact that

Good gossip Jack. :)
    •  JackJack
    • he used next level like 'oh yeah man that was next level shit'
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Ollie says:
      Heard of them but never heard them. Interesting though as "next level" usually means a step up not total obscurity.

We did play with Suns of Thunder in August 2010 at an all dayer in Corby...though we didn't get to see them play as they went on pretty late and we had to get going. Did chat to them a bit though. Shame they don't do more as they're easily one of my favourite UK bands.

didnt you play with suns o thunder at that 9hz alldayer at the cricketers?
    •  OllieOllie
    • Hopkins says:
      Ollie says:
      Heard of them but never heard them. Interesting though as "next level" usually means a step up not total obscurity.

didnt you play with suns o thunder at that 9hz alldayer at the cricketers?

We did indeed...and the day before in Bristol. They were supposed to come down and play in Plymouth but the day before relaised they hadn't taken time off work and discovered how far the drive was so they wouldn't be able to make it. Bless their little cotton Welsh socks. Great band though and nice guys.
    •  hh
    • The cream of killer UK bands. Played with them both a few times. Think life is doing it's usual getting-in-the-way with both of them. Shitty.
    •  PetePete
    • How about Blood Island Raiders? They still going?
    •  GrymGrym
    • Nope, no more BIR. I believe Al plays in Age Of Taurus now?
    •  mikemike
    • Blood Island Raiders lasted a hell of a long time, they were about when I was about 17 and they kept cropping up every few years, nice bunch of fellas.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - What happened to Jecano?