Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] June Recently Watched Thread

•  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I'm getting into The Wire now. A few episodes in and it seems intelligently scripted and well put together. I shall stick with it.

Also...

The Apprentice from last week and The Apprentice from this week.

This Morning With Richard Not Judy. Awesome.

•  BenBen
    • JenTheHen says:

I'm getting into The Wire now. A few episodes in and it seems intelligently scripted and well put together. I shall stick with it.

It's awesome, Amy and I just finished the first series and will be watching the second asap.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Ben says:

JenTheHen says:

I'm getting into The Wire now. A few episodes in and it seems intelligently scripted and well put together. I shall stick with it.

It's awesome, Amy and I just finished the first series and will be watching the second asap.

2nd isn't quite as good but still ace.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • When does the first series get good? I watched the first 3 episodes and wasn't hooked. NYPD Blue anyone? :O
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • 90dayman says:

When does the first series get good? I watched the first 3 episodes and wasn't hooked. NYPD Blue anyone? :O

I've watched three and can see it getting better.

NYPD Blue was better though, thanks for agreeing with me. I got shot down in flames with that argument a few weeks ago though, be warned.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Just watched 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'.

It was brilliant.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • I just watched a short clip on the BBC about the sex lives of pandas: enjoy.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Big Si says:

I just watched a short clip on the BBC about the sex lives of pandas: enjoy.

this entire forum is going to end up devoted to cats and pandas.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Only if the pandas are doing wookie noises.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Carey says:

Big Si says:

And...?
    •  GarethGareth
    • JenTheHen says:

Carey says:

Big Si says:

And...?

http://www.kungfupandatrailer.com/images/kungfupanda%20poster%202.jpg

I sense a 9hz cinema trip.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • I watched Mongol at the cinema and it was bloody brilliant.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • The first four matches of EURO 2008.
      Godzilla.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I watched 'Wild China' last night. A large chunk of it was about the giant panda. Interesting stuff.

Si's little scene (above) was part of it but looked much more impressive on my TV.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Primer.

Most confusing film ever.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Watched Gone Baby Gone last night- great film.....recommended!
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Juno. Fucking hip bollocks. I think I've grown out of hip, quirky US comedies. I stopped it halfway through and put Little Miss Sunshine on which is much much better.

Also recently watched Grow Your Own and Driving Lessons. Cosy, lighthearted Britflicks all the way.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Rob Himself says:

Juno. Fucking hip bollocks. I think I've grown out of hip, quirky US comedies. I stopped it halfway through and put Little Miss Sunshine on which is much much better.

I agree. Thats why I refuse to watch Juno cos everyone bums it so much,
      I disagree with Little Miss sunshine though, there were a couple of funny bits and the end dance is funny but not worth sitting through the rest of the boringness. Plus I wanted to string the boy up cos he was so fucking annoying.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Laddeth says:

Rob Himself says:

Juno. Fucking hip bollocks. I think I've grown out of hip, quirky US comedies. I stopped it halfway through and put Little Miss Sunshine on which is much much better.

I disagree with Little Miss sunshine though, there were a couple of funny bits and the end dance is funny but not worth sitting through the rest of the boringness. Plus I wanted to string the boy up cos he was so fucking annoying.

I see your points here chaps!! Wes Anderson and Napoleon Dynamite have a lot to answer for, although I have to say I do like both Juno and Little Miss Sunshine- but Juno is ridiculously overhyped!!!!!
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Laddeth says:

Rob Himself says:

Yeah he is annoying, but Steve Carrell is ace in that, as is the grandad. It's a nice film.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] June Recently Watched Thread