Menu

Forums - General Chat

Rock Band

•  alanalan
    • Anyone else played it yet?

Not surprisingly in our house everyone's fighting over who gets to play drums and doesn't sing. I'd write more, but it calls to me...
    •  RamoRamo
    • Am i right in thinking there's no bass guitar?
    •  CareyCarey
    • apparently not, although maybe it has options?

i've heard it's very good, though.
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • Isn't this the game that's ridiculously expensive..?
    •  tom.atom.a
    • better idea screw the game go join a real band.
      although it could be a usefull way to audition drummers quitely, or find who out of your mates can drum.
    •  GarethGareth
    • ChrisSD says:

Isn't this the game that's ridiculously expensive..?

Yep, £130-150 with all the toys. A couple of friends have it, not managed to get an invite to play it yet.
    •  mikemike
    • I don't see the point, why learn how to press a few buttons when you could learn to make real music?

Tell you whats great, the South Park "Guitar Queero" episode, they introduce the concept of playing Guitar Hero acoustically, people start nodding along to it and going "I love this song!" brilliant.
    •  alanalan
    • It doesn't have a bass, but if you've got Guitar Hero you can use that guitar too, and you can use the Rock Band guitar for either.

And my housemate bought it, so I don't mind the price :cool:
    •  CareyCarey
    • tom.a says:

better idea screw the game go join a real band.
      although it could be a usefull way to audition drummers quitely, or find who out of your mates can drum.

first point, that's exactly what i said.

second point, apparently really good drummers are rubbish at the drumming in the game as it works in a very different way to real life.

•  tom.atom.a
    • so the same as guitar hero i cant play that to save my life thank god.
    •  CareyCarey
    • tom.a says:

so the same as guitar hero i cant play that to save my life thank god.

no less an authority than slash said he was rubbish at guitar hero, so you're good. :)
    •  JackJack
    • I tried playing guitar hero on friday, it really doesnt work when drunk
    •  tom.atom.a
    • it doesnt work at all mate
      none of the note timings are in the right place for one hence why nobody can get it right who actuly plays.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • I hate rhythm action games. Especially guitar hero, which is nothing like playing a real guitar whatsoever. For the price of the game you could pick up a cheap Squier or acoustic guitar, that you can actually write the riffs you want on... what is the point of this pap? I know this point has already been made but man, I hate those games.
    •  PodgePodge
    • i have 3 words

Donkey Kong Bongo
    •  Tom PTom P
    • I have a friend who in true monkey fashion used to play that game with his feet.

Crap game though. I'd rather play Streetfighter 2 Turbo than any rhythm action game ever made.
    •  RamoRamo
    • quote:
      Donkey Kong Bongo

a ha ha ha yes!
    •  mikemike
    • Podge says:

i have 3 words

Donkey Kong Bongo

See that was fun, because anyone can bash two bits of plastic, and that how you play them, wiggling a bit of plastic on a plastic guitar with 3/4 buttons for the notes bares minimum similarity to playing the guitar like.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • For crying out loud... IT'S A GAME, NOT A SIMULATOR.
    •  tom.atom.a
    • Big Si says:

For crying out loud... IT'S A GAME, NOT A SIMULATOR.

its also wank at being either.

Forums - General Chat - Rock Band