Menu

Forums - General Chat

Cat thread part VIII

•  MazzMazz
    • My cat is now the best. She has worked out that my alarm goes off at 7:20. So at 7.18 she comes into the bedroom and “pudseys” me while purring then sits on my chest. It’s a great way to wake up. It is not food related as she has eaten by then as Laura get up at 6.00am.
    •  BenBen
    • Our cat does that but at least an hour before we want to get up :(
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Jack never wakes me up for feeding. He waits patiently until I am ready to get up.

He often gets in my hair and kneeds it like bread and purrs very loudly in the middle of the night, which can be cute and can also be very irritating.
    •  mikemike
    • Bens stopped biting my feet in the morning, he sleeps on our legs now and I sometimes have to wake HIM up, I like this better.
    •  PodgePodge
    • so... cars, who likes them?

too early?
    •  tom.atom.a
    • Podge says:

so... cars, who likes them?

too early?

right now i love cars and hate cats as ours is in heat and doing my fucking head in........... at least you can run a cat over with a car so cars win.
      end of thread.
    •  noonenoone
    • mike says:

Bens stopped biting my feet in the morning, he sleeps on our legs now and I sometimes have to wake HIM up, I like this better.

Ben never behaved like this when I shared a house with him although we would often find him , around 3am , fast asleep , fully clothed with a half eaten Aslans chips and cheese on his knee and Vh1 on very , very loud .
      This was most Saturday nights until he met Amy.
    •  slomoslomo
    • CATS ARE FUCKING TOSS
    •  bitterandtwistedbitterandtwisted
    • Tom.a get that cat spayed or your life with be hell and then it'll be a hell full of kittens. The cat rescue places are inundated with adult cats and kittens all needing homes. Tens of thousands are euthanised every year from lack of good homes with sensible people to look after them properly. Here endeth the first lesson.

I LOVE CATS!

The latest addition to the BitterAndTwisted household is currently on the windowsill in the bedroom skulking behind the muslin curtain where the silly fool appears to believe he is invisible. When approached he hisses. What the little darling has failed to understand is that his new human companion has absolutely endless patience and is waiting until he decides to be sociable, in his own time whenever that may be. His name is Sidney.

Did I mention that I LOVE CATS?
    •  noonenoone
    • my housemate started feeding the underweight and mucky little kitten that started wandering into our house last week and letting her sleep in his room. It was a gorgeous little thing and really, really friendly .

I told him this was irresponsible and unfair to its rightful owners and made him return it to the address on its collar as they wouldnt answer the phone number provided.

Should never have fucking bothered.
      The woman who answered the door couldnt have cared less. '' oh THAT kitten , yeah its been missing ages ..... '' and '' oh really, didnt think it would still be alive '' plus '' yeah bring it back if you like but it'll probably just escape again..'' WTF! idiot.

What kind of country is it where any moron can give birth or buy an animal but you need a license for a TV set.
      If it comes back it's ours. end of.

EDIT . she didnt even bother coming to collect it , she just gave him a cat basket to bring it himself.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • I managed to talk fran out of getting a kitten a couple of days ago
      I'd love a cat, but not in our current climate. It'd just be wrong.
      If only other people who get cats and neglect them thought this aswell.
      Not that I'd neglect a cat obviously, we just cant afford it/dont have the space till we get in our new house.
    •  noonenoone
    • you gave it some thought. thats the main thing.
      I work for a dog charity on a regular basis. I wont get into it cos it'll bore you but we meet both dog breeders and animal lovers on our travels.
      I've given up on having the argument with the breeders ( and most of them are fox hunting tory countryside alliance bigots anyway ) it's just incredible that were all on the same side and committed to helping dogs, that would otherwise be put down for no other reason than that they're homeless , but they can't seem to understand that they're perpetuating the the cycle and that any non pedigree dog that is 'produced' along the way is another one we need to find a home for.
      Animals can make great companions and theres no such thing as a 'bad breed ' of dogs , just bad breeders and irresponsible traders in animals.
      rant over. ( for now )
    •  noonenoone
    • MAZZ ! sorry to bring the thread down (man)
      CATS ARE AWESOME.
    •  CareyCarey
    • good point about breeders. my mum is a huge cat lover and over the years has had all sorts of cats from strays, unwanted kittens etc. but as a child she had a siamese and she always wanted another one so when her last cat died she went and bought one. it's a lovely cat, but the conditions it was bred in were horrific. and this was from a breeder with a good reputation. aside from animal cruelty, it's like a form of racism as well.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Carey says:

good point about breeders. my mum is a huge cat lover and over the years has had all sorts of cats from strays, unwanted kittens etc. but as a child she had a siamese and she always wanted another one so when her last cat died she went and bought one. it's a lovely cat, but the conditions it was bred in were horrific. and this was from a breeder with a good reputation. aside from animal cruelty, it's like a form of racism as well.

Breedism?
    •  mikemike
    • theadore says:

Cats

Cunt.
    •  theadoretheadore
    • probably should've scrolled down before posting that.... don't feel well now.

:(
    •  mikemike
    • Maybe you should edit it, its not that nice is it.
    •  theadoretheadore
    • fair'nuff.

Forums - General Chat - Cat thread part VIII