Menu

Forums - General Chat

Amsterdam!!

•  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Going tomorrow night for a couple of days??? Been a while since I've been there.
      Any recommendations of where to go??
      Any input would be much appreciated!!
      Cheers.
    •  mambamamba
    • Excalibur!
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • MORRELL says:

Going tomorrow night for a couple of days??? Been a while since I've been

Kasbah Lounge is ace, but a bit of a trek out of town. About 30 mins walk from Leidselplien. All Indian decor/murials and low to the ground seating. Lovely hash. Could've stayed in there for day, but had to go to see Crowbar in Haarlem!

I really enjoyed my little boat tour, good fun, cleared my bonged head for a while too. Fletch told me the Reich Museum was good.

I dunno, you talking about tourist-y or smokey?
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Tino Insana says:

MORRELL says:

Going tomorrow night for a couple of days??? Been a while since I've been

Kasbah Lounge is ace, but a bit of a trek out of town. About 30 mins walk from Leidselplien. All Indian decor/murials and low to the ground seating. Lovely hash. Could've stayed in there for day, but had to go to see Crowbar in Haarlem!

I really enjoyed my little boat tour, good fun, cleared my bonged head for a while too. Fletch told me the Reich Museum was good.

I dunno, you talking about tourist-y or smokey?

Nice one mate cheers...yeah a bit touristy, manily smokey and beery............and somewhere to watch the play offs??
    •  mambamamba
    • If you want to do touristy and beery then the Heineken museum's worth a look. It's only about 10 Euros and you get 3 beers out of that.
    •  noonenoone
    • MORRELL says:

Going tomorrow night for a couple of days??? Been a while since I've been there.
      Any input would be much appreciated!!
      Cheers.

Utrecht or any other city in the Netherlands except Amsterdam.

•  Tom PTom P
    • Ol' Tino means the Kashmir Lounge, and yes, it is awesome. If you're wanting a smoke in central 'Dam though, you should definitely check out:

De Dampkring - nice little place with excellent weed and hash, try the Super Silver Haze if you get the chance, delicious and deadly.
      Dolphins coffeeshop basement - good coffee, vapourisers, awesome place to smoke
      De Rokerij - comfy place. They have a bar too where you can smoke, this is great to go after a meal
      Abraxas - all round nice place

If you're looking for some decent snap while you're there I recommend an Irish bar in the shopping square between Leidseplein and Weteringschans. Does a mean stew.

Also I have never been but I've heard a great place to smoke or trip is the Vondelspark if the weather is nice.

Beer is very expensive in bars, yet remarkably cheap in crates from the supermarket.

Also there is a sports bar right next to the Bulldog cafe at Leidseplein which shows a shitload of British sports coverage, I'll bet they'll be showing the playoffs there. They also serve a lacklustre yet satisfactory breakfast.

Enjoy your trip dude, The Netherlands is an amazing place
    •  bitterandtwistedbitterandtwisted
    • De Kuil on Oudebrugsteeg just off the Damrak is a very decent coffeeshop. The main reason it's my favourite is that they play 70's rock and a LOT of Frank Zappa. They sell excellent quality smoke for a decent price considering it's in the centre of the city plus they also have a couple of vaporisers. AND a yummy bakery directly opposite, so their tolerant policy about bringing your own eats in is a definite bonus when the weed-munchies inevitably strike
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Tom P says:

Ol' Tino means the Kashmir Lounge, and yes, it is awesome. If you're wanting a smoke in central 'Dam though, you should definitely check out:

Heh, Kasbah Lounge... something did seem wrong when I typed it.

Probably spent too long in there then :s

Next trip to Holland, definately going to concentrate on other areas besides Amsterdam. Tilburg last year opened my eyes to that. Heard Mastricht is a cool place.
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • agree with the dolphin coffee shop if it's the one i'm thinking of, lovely.

also good if a bit more tourist/town centre-ish was the little Grasshopper (just before Dam on the route 2 tram, not the super chav 3 story one by the train station) which is my absolute favourite. just sit there in a nice, light, airy pseudo greenhouse with a honking great doob and watch the city stroll by = happy grinder.

non-smoke wise the only thing i really loved was the Foam gallery. we only went as we ended up just round the corner and entry was free with the Iamsterdam Card (which is well worth it, by the way) and yes i did study Contemporary Photojournalism at uni so it's kinda designed for me to like but they had a really good contemporary exhibit and then by total fluke had the fucking Weegee exhibition there at the time!!! WINNER!
    •  theadoretheadore
    • Amsterdam task #334:

Equipment:

2 Crates Heiniken (small cans preferable)
      Herbal Ecstacy Substitute
      Amsterdams finest grass (any variety)
      Pedall Boat (rented)

Task:

I guess you get the picture.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Cheers guys!!!!! I leave tonight....gonna spend today planning the trip based on your recommendations!! Although I'll probably just end up getting fucked in the first place I see and not move for 3 days!!!!
      Im well up for this now....been years since Ive been to the dam.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • As i'm a non-smoker, i have no 'cafe' recommendations but if you want a great steakhouse go to a place called Argentinos. Its just off Dam square, down the road to the right of the bar/chinese/giftshop place. Also, if you can be bothered to find it there's an axcellent churrascaria called The Samba Kitchen. It's 63 Ceintuurbaan, you can get the tram to an intersection with Ceintuurbaan and it's a couple of minutes walk down the road. Caipirinhas and all you can eat BBQ steak. Awesome. ;)
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • 90dayman says:

As i'm a non-smoker, i have no 'cafe' recommendations but if you want a great steakhouse go to a place called Argentinos. Its just off Dam square, down the road to the right of the bar/chinese/giftshop place. Also, if you can be bothered to find it there's an axcellent churrascaria called The Samba Kitchen. It's 63 Ceintuurbaan, you can get the tram to an intersection with Ceintuurbaan and it's a couple of minutes walk down the road. Caipirinhas and all you can eat BBQ steak. Awesome. ;)

That sounds quality- being a fatty myself I am very excited about this now!!
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Aren't you going to the Van Gough museum?

•  MORRELLMORRELL
    • slack mammoth says:

Aren't you going to the Van Gough museum?

Ha ha- Hannah will never believe me but funnily enough I am planning on going!! Bit of culture for once!!!!!
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • From what I remember when Dave and I went the Doors cafe is pretty sweet, but they only seemed to play The Police?? shared a communal bong with some American back packer blokes.

Vondel park is lovely, got totally lost there late one night, people live under the bushes so watch out ;) they do big movie showings on huge screens on hot days where everyone chills in the park!!

We had a late night canal boat trip too, it was a well posh affair with cheese and wine but we spent the whole journey tripping our tits off which resulting in me dropping my (expensive) camera in the canal with the whole holiday's pictures!!! funny at the time, gutted now!!

Also, go to the cannabis and hemp museum, and the sex museum.. there's vibrating cock seats!! Also, visit a seedy sex show, only cost us 2 Euro each!!

We also walked past the Strokes!! LOL!!
    •  grinderno1grinderno1
    • MORRELL says:

slack mammoth says:

Aren't you going to the Van Gough museum?

Ha ha- Hannah will never believe me but funnily enough I am planning on going!! Bit of culture for once!!!!!

without a doubt the most boring and pointless exhibition in the entire world.

went both times i've been to amsterdam and bored me senseless on both occasions. dunno why but the Aura of the Artist just doesn't apply to me with van gogh... :s
    •  mambamamba
    • It's all about the 2 Euro peep show!
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • mamba says:

It's all about the 2 Euro peep show!

Yeah, complete with individual booths (but we shared one cos I was scared!!) and a rotating floor!

Forums - General Chat - Amsterdam!!