Menu

Forums - General Chat

Myspace is Shit

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Has anyone seen the new layout?!

I can't believe they've managed to make it WORSE and MORE-COMPLICATED! It's like they're trying to get people to leave!

In case you haven't, the new colours are black and grey (!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!!11!!1!!!!one!!!1!!!) and everything moves uber slow when you scroll.

AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE ANYTHING IS!!!!
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Impossible to navigate now. At least Tom took his $500 million when it was still worth that much. At this rate, you can expect to see someone trying to throw it in with a bundle of old videos at a car boot sale next spring.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • my page has fucked up again, thanks tom
      lost all my embedded bandcamp players, so gonna have to write it again, this must be the 8th time since May
    •  Minister BonesawMinister Bonesaw
    • I hate it.... I'm keeping the old band layout. It's only good for band websites now and they know it themselves.

It's time Facebook grew up for band pages.

Facebook is changing next month and will work with your email accounts, text messages and pretty much everything else. I don't see Facebook fading away like Myspace has... Or maybe I am very wrong.
    •  mambamamba
    • I've read somewhere that all band layouts will be changing to the new format at the end of the year. Until I have to, ours is staying as it is.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • unfortunately as long as bands persist in using myspace as their primary site, hosting songs and contacting bands / promoters etc, then it will never die, no matter how buggy and crap it is

it's so easy to make your own website using a blog, and then use bandcamp or soundcloud to have an embedded music player, i don't know why more bands don't do it

then use that website to point visitors back to your myspace, twitter, facebook, tumblr etc
    •  mambamamba
    • Hopkins says:
      unfortunately as long as bands persist in using myspace as their primary site, hosting songs and contacting bands / promoters etc, then it will never die, no matter how buggy and crap it is

it's so easy to make your own website using a blog, and then use bandcamp or soundcloud to have an embedded music player, i don't know why more bands don't do it

then use that website to point visitors back to your myspace, twitter, facebook, tumblr etc

That sounds like a good idea. ;)
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • mamba says:
      That sounds like a good idea. ;)

I know, which is why I "borrowed" the format from Trippy Wicked, hah hah
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Yeah, I agree with all the complaints listed so far.
      Everytime I try to add/ change something I waste 2 or 3 hours fucking about before finally giving up.
      I think developing a new band site is rapidly approaching the top of my to-do list.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I love the new format...Mayspace forever..forever myspace,
    •  mikemike
    • It went shit when it started letting people use games and invites, since then I've been amazed how much shit is on there, the only messages we've seriously got through there in the last few years is studios wanting business, drug companies, date websites and all sorts, its like a junk mail folder for bands.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Minister Bonesaw says:
      I hate it.... I'm keeping the old band layout. It's only good for band websites now and they know it themselves.

It's time Facebook grew up for band pages.

Facebook is changing next month and will work with your email accounts, text messages and pretty much everything else. I don't see Facebook fading away like Myspace has... Or maybe I am very wrong.

We need a GOOD website..do we have enough money in the GROAN BANK to get someone to put one together? I'm talking pictures of tits, ale and fire.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I really don't maintain the Grifter one so much now. I'll still stick gigs and news up there and I guess at the minute it's still the first place people tend to look for bands so any releases will have links there but there is so much crap on there...coma and buy stickers/merch/studio time...etc. They should bin the commenst as that's just full of spam now and the new layout sucks massive balls.

Frustratingly we have an amazing website ready to go, we just need to scrape the cash to pay for the hosting!!!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • we send demo tapes to venues with handwritten bios full of lies.

i tried setting up a myspace for osiris p. narcisso and i couldn't which is why i emailed the interested parties my amazing song.

personally, i think this heralds the end of light entertainment.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I can't log in anymore on my phone, when i click on the sign up/log in link at the top of the page it shows a page to log in then loads up a "create an account in 60 seconds" page, when i click on the log in link on the right hand side it shows me the log in screen and then loads up the create an acoount... screen again!

well done myspace, you're amazing xx
    • I just tried to listen to some music by a band. The music was not allowed to play.

I did not listen to the music as a consequence of myspace being shit.
    •  JackJack
    • same issue, they've killed it
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • My new band relies entirely on out-dated technology, so I'm alright for now.

Absolute crock of shit though.
    • Apparently Myspace is not officially positioning itself as a social entertainment site.

Right.
    •  JackJack
    • Its only actual use now is to listen to music from bands you've not heard and to check live dates. The whole friends thing and the messaging etc a shit to use

Forums - General Chat - Myspace is Shit