Menu

Forums - General Chat

Weekly End-of-Week/Start-of-Weekend Report

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Today - Up early (as you can see!) to hit West London for more flat-hunting with the Wench. She is then going to a picnic whilst I hunt more flats, then it's food and pub o'clock.

Wish me luck in the hunt!

Sunday - No idea. Probably not much.
    •  alanalan
    • Good luck! I actually like househunting, it's kind of like exploring, hehe. :D

Off shopping for camping supplies today, then a bit of dogsitting. Lazy weekend really.
    •  mambamamba
    • Had a busy week so I'm planning on having a lazy weekend. Might go to Oxford for Taint tonight if I can face driving and therefore not drinking.

Apart from that, that's it.
    •  mambamamba
    • Cider in a pub garden won. I'll have to go and see Taint on their tour somewhere else.
    • alan says:
      Good luck! I actually like househunting, it's kind of like exploring, hehe. :D

Yeah I guess the nice bit is seeing bits of places you've never explored before, although I personally loath house/flathunting with a burning passion of venomous hate. I despise the renting industry and everything that comes with it, but I can personally never see a time when I'll be able to buy my own :(
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • work, work, work, pub with pretty girls.
    • bad admiral says:
      work, work, work, pub with pretty girls.

Didn't Motley Crue do a song with that same title?!
    •  mambamamba
    • I've resorted to listening to Taint at volume in the comfort of my own flat with a glass of champagne, instead of going to see them tonight. I think I'm getting old.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Came back from Devon today.
    •  JackJack
    • I've been working solidly for ages, getting lost about what day it is. Job is going really well, I had another go at directing today, seemed to go pretty well. Watched Kings Of Leon the other night stood next to Chris thingy from Coldplay and Zane Lowe, Rich would have loved it! Last day in Hyde Park tomorrow, Jay Z etc, then back to some kind of reality
    •  PetePete
    • Yesterday - got last minute tickets to go see the RAF Waddington Air Show, which was funny as I have no interest in such things whatsoever. I had a great time though. I expected about 500 people (nerds) sat on an embankment, but there were tens of thousands there. Drank cider on the grass, watched red arrows and vulcans and the like, and played on 2p arcade games.

Today - working a bit, and going to Sharrow Summer Market, which is 1 minute from my door.
    • Jack says:
      I've been working solidly for ages, getting lost about what day it is. Job is going really well, I had another go at directing today, seemed to go pretty well. Watched Kings Of Leon the other night stood next to Chris thingy from Coldplay and Zane Lowe, Rich would have loved it! Last day in Hyde Park tomorrow, Jay Z etc, then back to some kind of reality

i am every inch the opportunistic starfucker you make me out to be.

i would have kicked the cunt out of zane lowe though and made him eat it. cock. he has nothing to say about anything and knows fuck all about anything either. he deserves to die.

i have kick started applying for my shotgun licence today. i used to shoot when i was a nipper and i fancy giving it another punt. i have been badgering all the clerics and legal eagles i know to countersign my passport photos and to confirm that i am of vaguely sound mind. juggerz has said that she doesn't want a gun in the house as i once accidently shot her in the leg with a bow and arrow but she can lick my sack...especially when she stays in stately homes in northumberland doing her knitting whilst i go out and shoot her some fucking tea.

fifty minutes to pub and preeetttyyy laydeeez.;)
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Spent my weekend decorating and getting sunning in the park.

Have just unleashed hell on the toilet ready for a fun day at work
    •  MazzMazz
    • First day back at work after a week and half off.

MAN
    •  alanalan
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      alan says:

I despise the renting industry and everything that comes with it, but I can personally never see a time when I'll be able to buy my own :(

Been there, done that. Having your own place is nice as you can do whatever you want to it, but I like the flexibility of renting for now.

Bloody ell, I sound like a 40something divorcee or something.
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • alan says:
      pull-my-plonker says:
      alan says:

I despise the renting industry and everything that comes with it, but I can personally never see a time when I'll be able to buy my own :(

Been there, done that. Having your own place is nice as you can do whatever you want to it, but I like the flexibility of renting for now.

Nah I'm with you there. It makes no sense to me to buy myself the biggest debt I will ever have and then spend the rest of my life worrying about it.

Rent and be free.
    •  alanalan
    • WickedWesticle says:
      alan says:
      pull-my-plonker says:
      alan says:

Nah I'm with you there. It makes no sense to me to buy myself the biggest debt I will ever have and then spend the rest of my life worrying about it.

Rent and be free.

I just meant because I've already done it! It was a 30 year sentence too, glad I got out of that one!
    •  JackJack
    • Rich with a shotgun sounds badass. I'm quite handy at the old clay pigeon shooting
    • alan says:
      WickedWesticle says:
      alan says:
      pull-my-plonker says:
      alan says:

Rent and be free.

I just meant because I've already done it! It was a 30 year sentence too, glad I got out of that one!

Renting definitely has its pros and cons. I met a couple of dudes last week who had been renting the same flat for £230 pw for 10 Years!! They couldn've easily bought it up for the money they'd invested, but it's kinda sad that although that's true, they've never had the lump cash to put down - makes you realise what a waste of money. Rent has the flexibility though and the maintenace aspects. Plus it's realistically all I can do until I become Bill Gates' statistician...
    • Jack says:
      Rich with a shotgun sounds badass. I'm quite handy at the old clay pigeon shooting

i used to be when i was a nipper. looking to go and hunt down some partridge and phesant. you should come!

Forums - General Chat - Weekly End-of-Week/Start-of-Weekend Report