Menu

Forums - General Chat

World Cup of thee SOCCER 2010

•  MazzMazz
    • My monthly copy of When Saturday Comes arrived yesterday and contained within was a World Cup Wallchart. I have placed this in the Kitchen so when I cook I can muse over fixtures and results.

Let the WORLD CUP SOCCER hype begin.

I have a feeling in my water that somehow Argentina will pull it altogether after a shit qualifying campaign and win the damn thing.
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Argentina are managed by a loon who has the potential to field messi in goal! I'm rooting for spain all the way.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I shall do my usual thing of supporting France but barely watching any of the matches except for maybe some of Brazil's as they have the hottest girls in the crowd. That may seem shallow but I don't like football and I do like girls.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Tim Holehouse says:
      Argentina are managed by a loon who has the potential to field messi in goal! I'm rooting for spain all the way.

Yeah….but......‘It’s a funny old game’.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Oh yeah…If you don’t like Football then stay out of this thread or I will shit on your back.

YOUR BACK!!!!
    • Mazz says:
      Oh yeah…If you don’t like Football then your a massive bender!!!

Bit harsh mazz but true!
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • I bend therefore I am. Ooh ducky!
    • Ha ha! Always knew you where a bear bless yah!

I don't mean it obviously... I find cricket dull but lots of folks on here love it.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i do know that if you go to the democratic peoples' republic of korea after the world cup, 98% of the population will tell you that they beat brazil 14 - 0 in the final, the striker had a laser and they had a cyborg in goal.

i had a think about this the other day. on paper i think england can win this now that capello's ratings website has been put out to pasture. i thought deutschland may be promising until ballack got bumraped.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Ballack is shit anyway.
    • he was good in the bourne movies with all the jumping and laughing?
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • bad admiral says:

i had a think about this the other day. on paper i think england can win this now that capello's ratings website has been put out to pasture. i thought deutschland may be promising until ballack got bumraped.

Capello's ratings website was hilarious!!

Two weekends ago, European rankings:
      1) Christinao Ronaldo (fair enough)
      2) some dude I'd never heard of from Holland (fine)
      3) Joe Cole (who played the last 5 mins for Chelsea, and scored no goals or made any assists!!) Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, wha?!?!

I think we will do well this time, but we will never win it. Italy could pull their act together, but Argentina is a good shout.

We've just been granted the afternoon off work to watch Slovenia England!! WIN!!
    • Ballack made my most diskable 11...

Peter Cech

Ashley cole John Terry Gary Neville Carragher

Ronaldo Ballack Kompany shaun wright phillips

Anelka adebayor

And yes I know lots of chelsea players in there.
    •  alanalan
    • Tim Holehouse says:
      Ballack made my most diskable 11...

Peter Cech

Ashley cole John Terry Gary Neville Carragher

Ronaldo Ballack Kompany shaun wright phillips

Anelka adebayor

And yes I know lots of chelsea players in there.

I agree with a lot of those, think I'd have to fit Mascherano, Drogba and Berbatov in there somewhere though.
    • Masherano only got let off cause he looks like a chimp and drogba's actually a nice guy when he's off the field I'm told a mate ran into him said he was a gent weirdly.
    • juggerz used to work with his sister. said she was alright she did.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Judging by today's game against Japan, it'll be an early flight home for England.
      If I was a betting man I'd be tempted to put a few quid on Spain.
    •  mikemike
    • I like how Japan actually scored all the goals yesterday.

For some reason, I enjoy the world cup, but no other football competition, there's just something about seeing different styles coming together and the way it's so unpredictable.

Unpredictable apart from the fact England will lose and the nation will have pinned its hopes on us winning AGAIN.
    •  GarethGareth
    • We're shit, we'll get knocked out and all the shirtless pituitary twats will go round town smashing pub windows. Go football.

Forums - General Chat - World Cup of thee SOCCER 2010