Menu

Forums - General Chat

New computer games thread?

•  mikemike
    • There was an old one but hey, time for a new one surely, what's everyone playing at the moment?

I've come to an impasse with Dragonage: Origins, this is the second game where I've levelled up, got the right weapons as my skills require etc, only to find my character/characters aren't good enough to finish the last boss, recently happened with Borderlands as well, completely stuffs up hours of play, it's almost like developers are saying 'how do we finish this game off then?' answer, ramp up the enemy AI and difficulty for the final scene to a ridiculous level.

I'm all for a challenge, but these are two games I will now never finish, theres no way to go back to level up further, and no chance of defeating the final bosses as it is, I sold Borderlands but Dragonage has just released a massive expansion which I'll be able to play through, still very annoying as I'd like to see the end.

Rant over, I aim to be playing Demon's Souls and the first Bioshock game very soon, can't believe I've never picked the latter up to be honest.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I found Bioshock got stupidly hard after a certain point but maybe it was just me. Never got that far into Borderlands, maybe it's a cunning way of getting you to buy the DLC to get the extra levels and weapons?

Currently ploughing my way through Mass Effect 2 which in a bit too easy. Worth a punt if you've played the first one but not much of a challenge. Great writing and characters but that's par for the course with Bioware games now.
    •  mikemike
    • Can't, PS3 owner init.

Just been reading, and you can import your Dragonage character into the new expansion DOA: Awakening without having finished the game, and it doesn't matter, so I'll do that, still won't SEE the end, but fuck it.
    •  JohnJohn
    • Similar thing happened to me on Dragon Age and turned down difficulty just for last boss, you tried that?

I've recently finished Heavy Rain and enjoyed it a lot, probably will play through it again at some point. I'm a few hours in to FFXIII, seems good so far.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • LOVED demons souls. Was an awesome but rage inducing game!

Currently re-playing ps3 burnout paradise. Such a good game. Considering picking up battlefield bad company 2
    •  OllieOllie
    • I'm loving Pacman and Space Invaders.
    •  BenBen
    • Gareth says:
      Currently ploughing my way through Mass Effect 2 which in a bit too easy. Worth a punt if you've played the first one but not much of a challenge. Great writing and characters but that's par for the course with Bioware games now.

You tried upping the difficulty?

I'm currently on my second playthrough, it's pretty damn awesome. Got back in to Forza 3 a bit now, just hotlapping mainly.
    •  GarethGareth
    • The last couple of missions were a bit more challenging, the hardest part seems to be getting Miranda to let me sex her.

Also played through Batman:AA a few weeks ago, brilliant game if anyone's considering it.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • You need to wait for the nookie. Once you've got your target seduced, they'll wait until near the end and then come and rip your jump suit off.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • I'm still rockin GH:Metallica. Lovin that!

Just finished Red Steel and gonna get Red Steel 2 next.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Big Si says:
      You need to wait for the nookie. Once you've got your target seduced, they'll wait until near the end and then come and rip your jump suit off.

Just like real life.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I checked my Steam account and I have a free gift of Half Life 2 and Ep1 for anyone who wants a free copy and is on Steam.
    •  mikemike
    • Dead Space was actually so intense and scary yesterday I had to turn it off, being chased through a dark space station by an indestructable, respawning mutant while others come out of the floor is not fun.
    •  GarethGareth
    • That was one of the reasons I had to stop playing System Shock 2 back in the day. There was never anywhere to just stay put for a few minutes and regain composure, it was just relentless and terrifying. It's also why I'm not keen to play Dead Space, I'm not good with games with that kind of sustained tension.
    •  mikemike
    • To be honest it seems like a lot of set pieces that have save points in between but it's so damn good it's worth playing, this bit has been the most heart-pounding though.
    •  levelessleveless
    • alan wake was good just too short. i play alot of games so was happy when i just saw this thread. xbox gamertag ; TIGERWARSAW
      join me and the rest of the old horse and groom lads and talk pissed on mw2? although i do prefer bf;bc2, nothing more satisfy taking out your mates tank of helicopter!
    •  mikemike
    • Its a shame I have a PS3 dean!
    •  levelessleveless
    • oh well dude never mind, is your profile pic a kid examining a crack needle?
    •  mikemike
    • Think its a little pipe, it's the first Alcest album cover.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I'd give you a game of Bad Company 2 but I'm on PC.

Bought Left 4 Dead 2 today but I'm putting it off until I've done some packing for next week.

Forums - General Chat - New computer games thread?