Menu

Forums - General Chat

Lonnnnggggg weekend

•  mambamamba
    • Not much to report here...

Tonight - probably stay in

Tomorrow - might meet friends for country pub lunch

Saturday - lunch at my folks'. Tania out in the evening, so either house to myself or out on the piss.

Sunday - lunch/dinner at Tania's folks'.

Monday - no idea.

Tuesday - back to work, but hopefully head to Brizzle for Sun Gods/Grifter, as I probably won't remember much about them at Loud Howls.
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Tonight- go see my house mates band, some rubbish folk doom band with some bald cunt on guitar and some italian jokers.
      Tomorrow- Band practise all day as we have a subistute drummer for the tour in europe.
      Saturday- House show for house mates birthday. Any body fancies coming give me a shout more than welcome.
      Sunday- sleep/hangover/practise/ e-mail work.
      Monday- practsing again
    •  JackJack
    • Tonight- Stinking Liz

Friday- Stubb practice

Saturday- Freakout at the Unicorn, hopefully projecting

Sunday- Pick up Sun Gods In Exile from the airport, drive straight to Cornwall via Stone Henge, then have some food with the parents. Monday first gig in Cornwall
    •  MazzMazz
    • today - finish work at 1...pub meet up at 3...pissed by 4

tomorrow - make and put up shelves :/

Saturday - More generic house stuff

Sunday - Meet at pub at 1 for traditional Easter sunday booze party

Monday - not much

A bit of a mixed bag twix grown up stuff and FUN stuff
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Tonight - birthday boozing with a pal

Tomorrow - Stubb jam then either boozing or staying in and learning some blues from the book I got today.

Saturday - Lord of the Rings marathon.

Sunday - all dayer at the purple turtle

Monday - rest.
    • WickedWesticle says:
      learning some blues from the book I got today.

What books that chap? I'm looking to learn a few more scales and tricks myself.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Tonight: pub pub pub

Tomorrow: Easter roast and eggs and stuff with the missus

Saturday: work then see my mum and sister

Sunday: tour starts in Portsmouth :) my weekend lasts two weeks!

Monday: pack stuff for tour then start the proper trip in Bristol!
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Tim Holehouse says:
      WickedWesticle says:
      learning some blues from the book I got today.

What books that chap? I'm looking to learn a few more scales and tricks myself.

It's called acoustic fingerstyle method. Got a ton of tab in it and a couple of CDs to hear the tunes as well.
    • Yeah i've been practasing the claw hammer a lot of late. I worked out my finger picking I have a lazy thumb. I'm thinking getting a metal thumb pick for my guitar and banjo see if it helps.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Well yesterday was booze filled. Ended up in at an Italian and ate well. Laura's thrown a curve ball into the plans by declaring that we are going out again tonight. I will nurse one pint of cider over the course of the eve.
    •  PodgePodge
    • A 3 week wait at the workshop has foiled my plan A

The rain has foiled my plan B
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • So far my lonnnnng weekend has been fucking fantastic!

Thurs - Shittyish day at work followed by Stinking Lizaveta @ Bardens. One of the best gigs I've been to in a very long time! Top support bands and a v nice crowd! Only gutted that they sold out of the t-shirt I wanted... but I'll live!

Friday - Lie-in, ebayying=casssssssshhhhhhhh, Imperial War Museum visit with cockloads of big guns, had tea n ascones, bought 4 CDs, cooked a sexified curry, opened a bottle of Shiraz!

Sat - Going home, comedy in the evening hopefully followed by a beer n tunes night with some mates.

Sun - Going to see Birmingham City v Liverpool. Might drool a bit over Fernando Torres...

Monday - Home and ... no idea!
    •  mambamamba
    • Went for lunch with an old mate yesterday. He left and I went round my mate's and drank tinnies and watched shit films, then went to a dinner party and drank lots of wine. Finally stumbled home about 2am.
    •  JackJack
    • Tomorrow the tour starts, wooo
    •  PodgePodge
    • I've so far spent 45 minutes sat in a car park waiting for my mate who was only going to be 10 minutes so we can go riding... not impressed
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • being quite quite sick due to living off a diet of oysters and steak tartare.:(
    • bad admiral says:
      being quite quite sick due to living off a diet of oysters and steak tartare.:(

You'll get gout next... ha ha!
    • Tim Holehouse says:
      bad admiral says:
      being quite quite sick due to living off a diet of oysters and steak tartare.:(

You'll get gout next... ha ha!

haha!

i did say that to xtina!
    • You are a classy gent it has to be said. When we gonna have an evening sitting round in smoking jackets drinking port discussing the finer things in life my boy?
    • as soon as my velvet lined bannion coat and favourite cravat is returned from the cleaners. i shall stock the humidor in anticipation and decant an indifferent tawny to give it the chance to improve itself.

Forums - General Chat - Lonnnnggggg weekend