Menu

Forums - General Chat

My two favourite comedians at the mo...

•  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • First is Kevin bridges... scottish lad. I saw him compering at a club in Edinburgh while I was there. He blew the acts off the stage he was that good. Proper quick and very funny. You mght have seen him on the michael mcintyre thing or live at the appollo or even mock the week. But yeah really good stand up.
      The other is GDoug stanhope been around for a while... but his little rants on charlie brookers newswipe got me interested. I watched his stand its amazing.
      Another good one is Daniel Tosh he's fairly new his stand up is ace as is his you tube mocking show.

Who does anybody else rate currently?
    •  JackJack
    • Doug Stanhope is a very funny dude
    • There was one thing where somebody says Bill hicks did that joke funnier and he goes yeah he did... think his magic is he is brutally honest!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • dave chapelle, chris rock, eddie murphy and myself.
    • bad admiral says:
      and myself.

I started a joke...
    • i'm the funniest person i know.

although those boys had me in absolute stitches last weekend.
    • You are amusing it must be said... Donny's funnier though! Sorry its the truth!
    • Actually funniest person on here... drunk Mazz!
    • drunk mazz is quality...drunk donny is also good value. responsible donny is rubbish.

stoned morrell is best: "i wonder if john is watching the cleveland show in his little hat"
    •  MazzMazz
    • Drunk Mazz is a silly cunt

Hinge and Bracket are the funniest
    • I like the idea of stoned morrell. Ah John and his wee hat.
    •  BenBen
    • Saw Stewart Lee at the Lyceum in Jan, awesome.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Most of you lot have me in stitches!

Right, comedy, something I do know a lot about!!

Jason Cook (if you haven't seen any of his stuff, look him up and go see him - he SHOULD be famous, but he's a Geordie and doesn't care)
      Chris Lynam
      Barry Dodds
      Justin Moorhouse
      Dan Nightingale
      Jason Mamford
    • There was a scouse guy on mock the week the other week who was good... never caught his name though.
    •  alanalan
    • Tim Holehouse says:
      There was a scouse guy on mock the week the other week who was good... never caught his name though.

John Bishop? What I've seen of him's pretty funny. Liking Omid Djalili and Dara O'Briain at the mo. Need to get myself to more live comedy but the tickets always go on sale stupidly far in advance.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Seeing Dave Gorman end of the month and Rob Brydon was brilliant back in Nov :D

Also very much enjoying Rhod Gilbert.
    •  mambamamba
    • I saw quite a bit of live comedy last year. Ricky Gervais and Michael McIntyre were both good. I was a little disappointed with Dave Gorman's bike tour. It was ok, but nothing special.

I went to a comedy night a few weeks back and the headline act there was very good, a black chap whose name I forget who I noticed was on McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow thing the other week.
    •  GarethGareth
    • mamba says:

I went to a comedy night a few weeks back and the headline act there was very good, a black chap whose name I forget who I noticed was on McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow thing the other week.

Stephen Amos? He's pretty good. Personally a fan of Dylan Morans stand up.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • mamba says:
      I saw quite a bit of live comedy last year. Ricky Gervais and Michael McIntyre were both good. I was a little disappointed with Dave Gorman's bike tour. It was ok, but nothing special.

Reginald D Hunter?

He's mint. Going to see him in Stoke May 2nd. Can't wait!!!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • John Bishop is pretty good, seen him a couple of times.

Forums - General Chat - My two favourite comedians at the mo...