Menu

Forums - General Chat

NINEHERTZ ALL DAYER 2008

•  JackJack
    • Ninehertz.co.uk present to you the 2008 Ninehertz All Dayer:

To celebrate the wealth of talent in the kind of music we love and as we love an excuse for a drink, Ninehertz bring to you this years all dayer.

Featuring 10, yes 10! bands the gig is set to take place at The Underworld in Camden, London on Saturday 2nd August in a celebration of UK stoner/doom/sludge/psych. This is not all however as the gig will also feature a display of rock poster art courtesy of the uks finest purveyors of rock eye candy.

Headlining the event are one of Rise Aboves finest, Gentlemans Pistols who will be bringing their brand of heavy 70's style rock to your ears. End Of Level Boss will have the task of warming up the crowd which they will no doubt do with suitable heaviness.
      Cherry Choke featuring Matt Bettancourt of Josiah fame will be making their debut London appearance ahead of their first album release due on Electrohasch records. As well as this we have doom with the likes of Olde Crone and Pombagira right through to Iron Monkey inspired sludge with a Horse Called War.
      Adding some groove to proceedings will be Grifter all the way from Devonshire and Suns Of Thunder from the darkest depths of Wales.
      There will also be a Mindzap lightshow and a wealth of rock posters for sale.

The full lineup in no particular order:

Rachmanite
      Olde Crone
      White Fang
      Cherry Choke
      Suns Of Thunder
      Grifter
      Pombagira
      A Horse Called War
      End Of Level Boss
      Gentlemans Pistols

Poster artists including:

Drew Millward
      Kate Kamikaze
      Luke Drozd
      Jacknife

and many more!

Tickets £8 adv, details and official limited poster coming soon

•  mambamamba
    • Nice!

Good work Jack and anyone else involved. It's in the diary!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • heavyweight jack, heavyweight.

•  J ParkerJ Parker
    • It looks solid, who are Rachmanite/White Fang?
    •  JackJack
    • Rachmanite- Podge and Tom A, I'll leave them to explain the sound

White Fang- Drew Millward poster artist is the drummer
    •  hh
    • Nice work Jack! We're well looking forward to this. Gonna have a bunch of brand new riffs to test drive at this gig. Come on down and take disgust in them before anyone else!
    •  JackJack
    • Looking forward to it!
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Nice one Jack, I shall be in attendance even if it won't be from the stage...
    •  JackJack
    • Have to say big thanks to Carey, Pete, Podge etc for helping with this as well. I am just part off a team, I hope people will enjoy whats on offer
    •  PetePete
    • One extra note - and I do not want to derail this thread (so much so that I will be harsh and delete posts that talk about it because I want to keep this thread on topic) but I want it to be known:- there is also the possibility of a Sheffield forum all dayer like the one last year, venues depending. Unfortunately that is a big 'depending' as Sheffield is struggling for them at this moment, but it is something I am looking to do.

Right. Back to London gig. How good is that line up?
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • We (ie Gorse) were hoping to do this, were on the original (very long) list, but I imagine loads of people had to be disappointed on this one. Oh well boo hoo
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Boo! I won't be there, I'll be at Wacken. Not boo!
    •  JackJack
    • J Parker says:

We (ie Gorse) were hoping to do this, were on the original (very long) list, but I imagine loads of people had to be disappointed on this one. Oh well boo hoo

Yeah, sorry if this does upset people, i wanted to play too but have had to sacrifice as have some others, however if this goes well I'm sure another one will be organized in the not too distant future. There was a huge list of people who wanted to play, I hope we've managed to get something that has a little of everything.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Jack Dickinson says:

The full lineup in no particular order:

Rachmanite
      Olde Crone
      White Fang
      Cherry Choke
      Suns Of Thunder
      Grifter
      Pombagira
      A Horse Called War
      End Of Level Boss
      Gentlemans Pistols

Poster artists including:

Drew Millward
      Kate Kamikaze
      Luke Drozd
      Jacknife

and many more!

Looks tops, nice one. It's in my schedule for sure. :cool:
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Donny says:

Nice one Jack, I shall be in attendance even if it won't be from the stage...

Ne joue pas en basse Pombagira plus Donny?
    •  DonnyDonny
    • 90dayman says:

Donny says:

Eh?
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Looks good- I should be there!
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Donny says:

90dayman says:

Donny says:

Eh?

You not playing bass with Pombagira?
    •  PetePete
    • Check the I left Pombagira thread Terry, in bands and gigs.

(Then I'll delete these posts!)
    •  JackJack
    • Shame there's no Donny, hope they can still play though

Forums - General Chat - NINEHERTZ ALL DAYER 2008