Menu

Forums - General Chat

burglarised

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • my work has been burgled AGAIN. second time in 3 months.

i know things are tight with credit crunches and so forth, but this is mental.
    •  SheldonSheldon
    • where do you work?
    •  JackJack
    • Sheldon wants to rob you too:D
    • by tottenham court road.

we suspect an inside job...
    •  SheldonSheldon
    • its all about da robbin
    •  PetePete
    • it was probably that criminal Podge.
    •  EggyEggy
    • The world is full of criminals, one person at our workplace might get sent down for attempted murder. Someone else has just started community service for assault. Someone else already has a criminal record for hitting someone on the head with a beer bottle.
    •  rustyspoonrustyspoon
    • Thursday last week we lost power for 4 hours and accounts had £4k nicked, no one knows who, must of been an accountant i reckon as we print labels at a production site, why would we need 4k on site, no one would know bar accounts.
      They questioned us all and asked if we had any other thoughts at the end, i raised the issue of stuff has been getting nicked for years from locker rooms and the canteen yet they have done nothing about it, they said we have lockers (fair point) but i said they have a safe.

I can't stand petty theft, especially when it from my lunch box!
    •  noonenoone
    • crime is ace especially criminal damage and shoplifting.
      Stealing from where you work is mandatory or you're just not living.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • At least you didnt get robbed by a deaf guy whilst passed out on the night bus!- why would a deaf guy need a phone?????
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • MORRELL says:

At least you didnt get robbed by a deaf guy whilst passed out on the night bus!- why would a deaf guy need a phone?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Texting perhaps? It's like subtitles for phone calls.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Hahahaha. My partially-deaf (allegedly!) ex once phoned me on her government-provided text-phone just for the sake of it. I felt incredibly sorry for the poor operator dictating back to me.
    •  EggyEggy
    • It's a shame my gran is to old to be understand mobiles as her telephone with built in amplifier she has is little use. She hasn't a clue who's speaking to her on the phone so she usually tried to guess who it is.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • slack mammoth says:

MORRELL says:

At least you didnt get robbed by a deaf guy whilst passed out on the night bus!- why would a deaf guy need a phone?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Texting perhaps? It's like subtitles for phone calls.

Yeah he was deaf and dumb the police told me- I was robbed by Tommy!!!! The most annoying thing is the cunts wont give me my phone back as they need it for evidence- Its not like it was some oceans 11 type heist- they robbed a phone from a drunken bastard whilst he was asleep for fucks sake- GIVE ME MY PHONE BACK!!!!
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/448044999_bf10e2affe.jpg

I got your phooone! Don't try and geddit baaack, you nevvuh gonna catch meee....
    • MORRELL says:

the final irony.

you should have legged it after him screaming blue murder. to a deaf guy that's like being attacked by a ninja. everyone else will know he's a scumbag and will aid you in his apprehending.
    •  Rob SmithRob Smith
    • The worst thing to get stolen at my work is Jalepeno´s & Nacho´s, or the occasional Popcorn, & that´s normally by me. Living it large!

Eggy says:

The world is full of criminals, one person at our workplace might get sent down for attempted murder. Someone else has just started community service for assault. Someone else already has a criminal record for hitting someone on the head with a beer bottle.

3 Reasons to move to Chesterfield... ;)
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • slack mammoth says:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/448044999_bf10e2affe.jpg

I got your phooone! Don't try and geddit baaack, you nevvuh gonna catch meee....

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA. That's good referencin'.
    •  PodgePodge
    • rustyspoon says:
      they said we have lockers (fair point) but i said they have a safe.

i love that, its the kinda comment i'd have made
    •  EggyEggy
    • Rob Smith says:

The worst thing to get stolen at my work is Jalepeno´s & Nacho´s, or the occasional Popcorn, & that´s normally by me. Living it large!

Eggy says:

The world is full of criminals, one person at our workplace might get sent down for attempted murder. Someone else has just started community service for assault. Someone else already has a criminal record for hitting someone on the head with a beer bottle.

3 Reasons to move to Chesterfield... ;)

And that's just the night staff. Someone else got sack last year for stealing, they were filling carrier bags up with groceries (why nothing more expensive i don't know) and sending them over the warehouse wall on a bit of string to pick up when they'd finished their shift. All was going well until a senior manager came in one night to do some checks and noticed a carrier bag being sent over the wall. After getting sacked he got a job at Tesco.

Then there was Peado Dave on days a few years back, who quite simple, he wasn't with us for long, but we did wonder why he'd left, it was only while looking through the derbo times a few weeks later we realised.

Forums - General Chat - burglarised