Menu

Forums - General Chat

Opening Day Footy Fixtures

•  Kev Hit DrumKev Hit Drum
    • Nice home tie against Port Vale on Aug 2nd. I didn't realise how many northern teams there are in League Two! Still, least I can wheel out the tired Accrington Stanley joke... (sigh)

Incidentally, we play the mighty Eggy FC in Chesterfield on boxing day. :cool:
    •  theadoretheadore
    • smart people will be heading to the bookies now to back Blackburn to give Hull their first premiership points on the second week of the season.

:(
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • At home to Liverpool. Could be worse. Could be away to Liverpool. :s
    •  EggyEggy
    • Hmm, at our place too!

Our opening fixture is away at Barnet on 9th august - i thought 2nd seemed a little early.

Some stato bloke at CFC worked out last week that out of all the teams in the league our fans cover the least over the course of the season. Now that's having too much time to their hands surely.

There's not a lot this year to get me excited but there are a fair few close away games. Not too fussed about going to Morecambe the day after my birthday, went there last season as it's shit.
    •  Mark MontanaMark Montana
    • Our fixtures arent out till 15 July. During the close we were liquidated and demoted two leagues and had to change our name. We are now in the Southern Division One Midland and will be playing AFC Sudbury, Arlesey Town, Atherstone Town, Aylesbury United, Barton Rovers, Bedworth United, Bromsgrove Rovers, Bury Town, Chasetown, Chesham United, Dunstable Town, Leamington, Leighton Town, Malvern Town, Marlow, Romulus, Rothwell Town, Soham Town Rangers, Stourport Swifts, Sutton Coldfield Town, Woodford United. Properly gutted but it will be funny going to away games where theres more away fans than home.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I don't really bet but may have a bet on Watford going down. The bookies have yet to cotton on that we are very shit and have no money.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I read the other day were southampton have decided to close 3 of the 4 corners of their ground to cut costs. My dad can't wait for a big club to go tits up - due to all the greed etc thesedays, he hopes it'll be a premier league team though.

I do want to go to rotherham away this season, it's on march 21st, they are playing at don valley stadium this season, about 4,000 fans in a athletics stadium capable of holding 25,000. Apparently they are going to fit everyone into one side of the ground. It'll be wank, but interesting.
    •  Kev Hit DrumKev Hit Drum
    • Mark Montana says:

Romulus

Is this a Star Trek select XI???
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • Away to Coventry first day of the season..... its winnable
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Mark Montana says:

Our fixtures arent out till 15 July. During the close we were liquidated and demoted two leagues and had to change our name. We are now in the Southern Division One Midland and will be playing AFC Sudbury, Arlesey Town, Atherstone Town, Aylesbury United, Barton Rovers, Bedworth United, Bromsgrove Rovers, Bury Town, Chasetown, Chesham United, Dunstable Town, Leamington, Leighton Town, Malvern Town, Marlow, Romulus, Rothwell Town, Soham Town Rangers, Stourport Swifts, Sutton Coldfield Town, Woodford United. Properly gutted but it will be funny going to away games where theres more away fans than home.

I'll be doing a few FC United aways this season. Ilkeston, Eastwood, Worksop, Matlock, Buxton, Boston and Whitby.
    •  EggyEggy
    • funny you should mention Worksop actually - they are playing there away games at Hucknall this season!!
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • I'm guessing you mean home games?

That would be handy
    • Hopkins says:

I'll be doing a few FC United aways this season. Ilkeston, Eastwood, Worksop, Matlock, Buxton, Boston and Whitby.

Please dont. You still have a club, just support them.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Mark Montana says:

Hopkins says:

Please dont. You still have a club, just support them.

I still support big united, have done for 25 years, always will. They just aint getting a penny off me whilst those leeches own the club, and the state that top flight football is in these days

In the meantime, I'm happy to put my money towards something I identify with. Affordable football, standing, 3pm kick offs, no commercial nonsense, focus on community work and kids. The kind of thing that existed before it got Sky-jacked

What's your beef with FC then?

• Most Non League fans have the same beef, FC United fans tend to be extremely disrespectful to other teams/fans in the league they play. Many of their fans have been banned from league football and need someone to follow.

Also, im sure the majority of football fans do not like the owners of their club. They dont feel the need start a new club ( well except you and Liverpool).

Whats going to happen if FCUM and Man U draw against each other in the FA Cup?
    •  EggyEggy
    • Hopkins says:

I'm guessing you mean home games?

That would be handy

yes. of course. i'd have thought they could find somewhere i bit closer to worksop mind.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Saturday, 09 August 2008
      Coca-Cola Football League One
      Leicester v Milton Keynes Dons, 15:00
      Do-able. If we have any players left that is, thanks to the drop.

I won't be able to go see a match till January though when they come to Hartlepool and I get into the shed that is Hartlepools ground :P
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Mark Montana says:

Most Non League fans have the same beef, FC United fans tend to be extremely disrespectful to other teams/fans in the league they play. Many of their fans have been banned from league football and need someone to follow.

Also, im sure the majority of football fans do not like the owners of their club. They dont feel the need start a new club ( well except you and Liverpool).

Whats going to happen if FCUM and Man U draw against each other in the FA Cup?

I can see where the disrespectful/arrogant attitude comes from, some of it's tongue in cheek, won't argue you with on that though. I bet they don't mind those gate receipts though when FC roll into town

The "Men In Black" hate FC as much as City, Liverpool etc. In fact, United's most famous hoolie, Tony O'Neill, has been waging war on the scabs and traitors as he calls them, with backing from the suits at United, desoite him having a banning order. You really can't make it up, mobs from Stoke and Leeds come to FC away games near their areas, but soon give it up when they realise it's just kids and scarfers.

With regards to not liking the owners, it's not just about the Glazers, as I mentioned before. However, there's a difference between a PLC taking a dividend, compared to loading the club with an obscene amount of debt, forcing up season tickets beyond an inflatory rate, driving out loyal and local supporters, and operating a net spend on transfers, yet still not being able to make the interest payments on all those loans. It's frightening and I want them out of the club.

What happens if they draw each other in the FA Cup? I'd be happy with any result

•  bluseychrisbluseychris
    • Mark Montana says:
      Sutton Coldfield Town

My home town!

Also, Blues have dropped Muamba, he is going of to play (as a liability) for Bolton.

Have fun watching him tackle team mates and be a general thorn in your sides Bolton.

Forums - General Chat - Opening Day Footy Fixtures