Menu

Forums - General Chat

Myspace is Shit

•  OllieOllie
    • Jack says:
      Its only actual use now is to listen to music from bands you've not heard and to check live dates. The whole friends thing and the messaging etc a shit to use

We get loads of spam in the comments and message section now...very annoying. I don't really want to know about someone's R&B relase, surely one look at our page would suggest we wouldn't be interested!!!

Event invites are a joke now as well. If you have over 3000 friends they've disabled the option to invite people to gigs by location. I can't be arsed to wade through nearly 8000 people to target people by location...in fact I can't be arsed to wade through that to send out blanket invites to everyone, takes too long. We don't even see our friend requests now, somehow they just approve automatically so I don't even get to check out potentially interesting bands.

It's basically shit!!!
    •  MarekMarek
    • I have to say that I have weathered all the changes until now but I can't work out how to add/change gig dates, my page is completed fucked formatting wise... I want to throw in the towel, they are insane, it was working fine, why change it and lose all the people who remain.

Noticed loads of sites don't work.
    •  JackJack
    • The whole thing is too cluttered, they need to remember the reasons why people used the site in the first place and strip back to basics. Too many useless features and the useful features are as mentioned above impossible to edit
    •  OllieOllie
    • I used to be able to view pages at work even though I couldn't listen to music but even that's fucked now as our web browser here is apparently out of date now for the upgrades they've made.

That's progress I suppose...complicate it til it fucks up!!!
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • It made me upgrade Cultfinder's profile last night and since then it's been an absolute ball-ache to work with. Going to ditch the whole thing and set up a blog/stream combo while nobody knows we exist.

Might as well leave the Rob Himself profile as it is as I don't intend updating it.

Utter crock of shit.
    •  mikemike
    • Rob, bandcamp is awesome, lo-fi design, gets the job done.
    •  Minister BonesawMinister Bonesaw
    • Lost all comments on the Groan page.... Fuck you Myspace.
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • Marek says:
      I have to say that I have weathered all the changes until now

Agreed. It's just been one thing after another so far but we're ditching ours as main point of contact now. You've still got to keep it up there really but we're going to pare ours back to the minimum and use something else
    •  EggyEggy
    • It takes an age to load up now on my pc, and on my phone I can't view anything as there's some flash shit preventing me from seeing the page. I'm also sick of getting event requests on my homepage for bands I'm not remotely interested in and gigs that are in a different country, complete load of bollocks.
    •  mambamamba
    • I tried updating ours and gave up as it was taking ages and kept crashing my browser. If other people are having as much trouble viewing it as I am editing it, then its no big loss.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I barely touch it now as it's turned into such a horrendous pile of shit. I keep it going and update it with the minimum but that's about it. I think Reverbnation could do well out of this as I've noticed more stuff happening there now but even that's been messed around with loads. It's useful to have Myspace for the moment as people still go to it but if they don't have a rethink pretty quickly it's going to die a stinking and lingering death. I'd be interested to know how many complaints about it they actually get. I'm sick of getting hundreds of message from bands using the fan reach thing to pimp themselves...I hardly get any messages from people I know or about Grifter nowadays compared to stuff from bands selling their stuff. Self promotion is great and all bands need to do it but I clearly won't be interested in listening to some shitty R&B singer!!!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Ollie says:
      but I clearly won't be interested in listening to some shitty R&B singer!!!

i c an think of one shitty rnb singer you'd dig...;)
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:
      Ollie says:

I was going to say "What about Rich?"
    •  DanLargeDanLarge
    • Myspace is an utter pile of smoking turds! trying to use myspace is agonizing, finding new bands on there is almost impossible, listening to the tracks on and pages is almost impossible, doing sweet FA on there is nearly impossible! Still have to use it to check up on messages and all that shit!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Ollie says:

I was going to say "What about Rich?"

cheers babez. got in there quick...
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • DanLarge says:
      Myspace is an utter pile of smoking turds! trying to use myspace is agonizing, finding new bands on there is almost impossible, listening to the tracks on and pages is almost impossible, doing sweet FA on there is nearly impossible! Still have to use it to check up on messages and all that shit!

This pretty much sums up my contimued feelings for this wank-stain of a website. Well in Dan!

I have a brand new laptop and everytime I open Myshit it crashes everything else for a few seconds, if not a lot longer with all it's crap - it's like watching a turtle getting run over by a traffic jam, it's that irritating and sad!
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • shit sandwich
    •  GroovehoundGroovehound
    • pull-my-plonker says:

I have a brand new laptop and everytime I open Myshit it crashes everything else for a few seconds, if not a lot longer with all it's crap - it's like watching a turtle getting run over by a traffic jam, it's that irritating and sad!

That's a HANG, not a crash... kind of like what you'd want to do to Myspace's development managers to ensure their non-propagation in the future... :D
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I used to check our myspace everyday and found it pretty useful for contacts, sorting gigs, hearing new bands etc.
      With every change they make it gets progressively more of an arseache and I rarely bother with it any more.
      Fucking hate Facebook too.

Forums - General Chat - Myspace is Shit