Menu
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I've just discovered there is a Fopp in UCL uni (pretty near my office). I think I might have to set up permanent residence there - just walking past it resulted in me spending £15 on treats.

If you've never been to a Fopp store, and if you like BUYING music - do it! An awesome selection of new and classic albums at v low prices. Theres stores in Manc, London, Bristol and a couple of others I think...
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      I've just discovered there is a Fopp in UCL uni (pretty near my office). I think I might have to set up permanent residence there - just walking past it resulted in me spending £15 on treats.

If you've never been to a Fopp store, and if you like BUYING music - do it! An awesome selection of new and classic albums at v low prices. Theres stores in Manc, London, Bristol and a couple of others I think...

Notts has one. Used to be a load of shit but is pretty good nowadays.

Good to meet you last week Pete how was Noo Yoik?
    • Ah yeah, I forgot Notts had one too.

Was good to meet you too Bazz! Shame it was a fleeting chitchat! Le Grande Pomme was awesome thanks! Had a great time, I expect I'll be gibbering on about it for some time to come!
    •  PodgePodge
    • Sheffield used to have one. I hardly ever bought music there but it was awesome for cheap books
    •  basstardbasstard
    • There used to be loads pf Fopps but now there only seem to be a bout 8 or 10 outside London. Loads of good bargains on occasion but sometimes it involves fruitless searching. Them's the breaks....

As Pete said, good for DVDs- I got Metal: A Headbanger's Journey for about £4 if I remember correctly. And lots of arty foreign language overstocks.
    •  alanalan
    • I find it pretty good if you're not after anything in particular, their rock selection isn't great though.
    •  JackJack
    • They have a great selection of 60's and 70's stuff
    •  mikemike
    • Their recommended section is always good.
    •  DanLargeDanLarge
    • they still going the on in camden shut down i think, i thought they had gone bust. Bought some nice vinyl, books and dvds great selection. Is there still one around covent garden wayish??? where are they??? i need to know??
    • They got bought out by HMV a few years ago. HMV took the decision to either: close the store and sell the land on, reopen it as an HMV, keep it as a Fopp. Fopp were losing profits bigstyle at the time, but have seen a good revival since the demise of Virgin/Zavii and MVC.

Dan - The one I went to is right in the centre of London one the UCL Campus, Gower Street. Well worth checking out mate! Not their biggest store, but some total bargains!
    •  JackJack
    • Theres one next to West End theatres and stuff
    •  DanLargeDanLarge
    • i must go find, i used to haunt them establishments back in my beardless uni days!!

Forums - General Chat - Fopp