Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

[Locked] April riff-foolery

•  MazzMazz
    • NightStalker - Superfreak
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I gave that new Graveyard album a spin on Spotify following all the talk on here- it's mint! A purchase is imminent.

Also been playing The Benal Interlude EP and lots of Can.
    •  MazzMazz
    • MC5 - Kick out the Jams
    •  OllieOllie
    • This morning it was Crass - Penis Envy

I did give the Graveyard album another spin...better on the second listen, looks like it's a grower.
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Tino Insana says:

Danava/Earthless/Lecherous Gaze split

Don't care for the Danava or Lecherous Gaze tracks much but shit damn the Earthless track is freakin good!! :) Been playing it loads!
      Fatso Jetson - Cruel & Delicious
      Sigiriya - only the tracks that are on the interwebz but it's quality - just need for their album to be let loose! Obviously nods to Acrimony liking it!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Smockboy25 says:
      Tino Insana says:

Danava/Earthless/Lecherous Gaze split

Don't care for the Danava or Lecherous Gaze tracks much but shit damn the Earthless track is freakin good!! :) Been playing it loads!

I had this on today to - a sublime split!

...And So I Watch You From Afar - s/t
      Astrohenge - s/t
      Cultfinder -s/t
    •  GrymGrym
    • Orange Goblin - Demos, Covers, B-Sides & Compilation Tracks

Just got the 5 disc box set of the remastered, reissued Rise Above Orange Goblin albums (despite already owning them all - *sigh*). Good stuff. Nice remaster job, the earlier releases sound less muddy than the originals and each release has an expanded booklet with little anecdotal bits from each band member about the recording of that particular album. Three bonus tracks on each release which when compiled into a playlist gives you an hour of extra material. Oh and you get a embroidered patch in the box set too. Bargain for £26. God bless PlayTraders.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Kyuss - Muchas Gracias
      Mondo generator - Cocaine Rodeo
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Quadrajets- Alabama Hip Shake
      Quadrajets- When I Lay My Burden Down
      Quadrajets- Pay The Deuce
      Quadrajets- When The World's On Fire

Quadrajets rock.
      [Edited by basstard at 09:04 on 08/04/11]
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • New Rise Against, new Thursday and new Foo Fighters. All good. Just in time for the nice weather.

Also, New Firebird. Which, is very good indeed. They've gone slightly more up-tempo and rockin'. Love it.:cool:

Will check out the new Graveyard as so many are recommending it! :D
    •  mambamamba
    • The soundtrack to my studies has been Stone Axe, The Gaslight Anthem, The Hold Steady, The Black Crowes.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Dio - The Last in Line
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Brant Bjork - Keep Your Cool
      Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
      Yawning Man - Rock Formations
      Nebula - To The Center...
    •  MazzMazz
    • The Best of UFO
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i'm listening to the red nebula album with drums and stuff on the front!!!
      i've also downloaded the tv on the radio discography as i would like to hear more of there stuff so i'll give that a go tonight.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Suplecs - Wrestlin with my lady friend
    •  OllieOllie
    • I'm giving The Guessing game by Cathedral another go...still not sure. Journies Into Jade has to be one of the worst songs ever!!!!
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
      Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
      Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
      Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
      Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • Grym says:
      Orange Goblin - Demos, Covers, B-Sides & Compilation Tracks

Just got the 5 disc box set of the remastered, reissued Rise Above Orange Goblin albums (despite already owning them all - *sigh*). Good stuff. Nice remaster job, the earlier releases sound less muddy than the originals and each release has an expanded booklet with little anecdotal bits from each band member about the recording of that particular album. Three bonus tracks on each release which when compiled into a playlist gives you an hour of extra material. Oh and you get a embroidered patch in the box set too. Bargain for £26. God bless PlayTraders.

This sounds very tasty I might have to have a dabble!

Today:
      Lento - Icon
      Goldie - Timeless

Can't believe I haven't checked Goldie out properly before, it's so good for chilling and background music especially at work.
    •  MazzMazz
    • SLAYER - REIGN IN BLOOD

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - [Locked] April riff-foolery